Mods- Advice wanted

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by error_unknown, Sep 29, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please inform me why my Birthday greeting to lifey was moved from Civ Div into the Naafi. If I had wanted to post in the Naafi I would have-obviously.
    Management have advised those that don't wish to not to go in there..so is there to be nowhere else on the site one can post a greeting or converse in a lighthearted manner?

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Errr... not really, no. Don't know who moved it but agree that the NAAFI is the place. Suggest PM might be more appropriate.

3. Moan Moan Moan.

4. Not good enough Boss.
    All members of this site should be able to make general posts without having to be abused in the Naafi.
    I am not happy to use pm uneccesarily..and it's been shown there is no such thing as a private message on this site.
    If You advise people to stay out of the Naafi to avoid abuse..you also should provide somewhere for social posts elsewhere.
    regards
    BB

5. moan moan moan.

6. Sorry something has to be said.

1.Everyone else can fit in without problem or incident
    2. The Cos don't have to provide anything they do so at thier own expense and time
    3. You were happy to use the NAAFI until you threw your toys out of the pram.

Wind it in, and come off your horse and crack on

7. Not happy about my post MDN?
    Well perhaps you should take some of your own advice and
    bite your lip and keep it to yourself?
    Especially as it is addressed to the CO's not to you...and oh look.. this is NOT the Naafi

8. This is a public forum
    If its private........Use private messaging, simple isn't it

9. BB,

Sorry for poking my nose in, but I've watched this saga from the sidelines and need to say something. This is a free public site. You know what the NAAFI bar is like, plus I've looked back on some of your posts, and you do have double standards. Seriously, you need to bite your lip and just get on with it. PMs are just that. Icybitch was wrong to print your PM, but what can you do? Ban Icy? Then she just logs on with another account. By all means go in the NAAFI bar, just don't click on threads that cause 'insult' to you. I mean, Christ on a bike, it's just a website. I have been offended many times over the last few years. I either ask the Mods to delete or PM for an apology. Your giving the impression your world revolves around ARRSE. If you were paying for this service, then yes, I'd expect the Good and Bad COs to be more pro-active and give you satisfaction for your money, but its not.

Again, just bite your lip and get on with it.

10. I refer you to the Snow White thread MDN. :roll:
    I sent a private message and that was wrong.
    Perhaps you'd like to leave moderating to the mods?
    ..after all you were very insistant that I didn't advise others
    on their behaviour...
    Now you chase me to lay the law down.
    You make it up as you go along.
    Just get off my case will you man.
    You certainly are a bully.

11. Sigh...................

give it up woman for gods sake

12. bb

You keep going over the same thing all the time

I POSTED YOUR PM TO ME. NOT EVERYONE ON ARRSE DID!!!
    some people think i was wrong to do it. but at the end of the day i dont care...... you abuse or judge me in posts or pm then im gonna fight back i would if i knew you in real life too.......... anyone that knows me will agree!
    SINCE MY FIRST POST IN THE NAAFI YOU HAVE JUDGED ME AND MADE COMMENTS WHEN YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME!! BUT YOU CANT HANDLE IT WHEN PEOPLE SEE THAT YOUR WRONG IN DOING THAT????

TRY GETTING OUT IN THE REAL WORLD A BIT MORE AND STOP HIDING BEHIND A COMPUTER SCREEN WITH YA PATHETIC COMMENTS AND CHILDISH ATTITUDE!!!

:p

13. Happy Birthday Lifey! :p

I'm sure you'll see it here.

14. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

"If you were paying for this service, then yes, I'd expect the Good and Bad COs to be more pro-active".

Fat chance.

Anyway, we had a chat and don't think that starting a nice and cosy board for this sort of thing is a good idea as it woudn't stay fluffy for long and I want less boards not more. So, if you wish to make a public statement that doesn't fit elsewhere use the Int Cell, which is for general gossip. What I can't promise is that the other users will respect the post, but as with everything else on the site, let us know if something is OTT.

15. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

The Cos have worked thier pods off to give us this site.

They don't charge and the rules are very very lax considering its thier necks on the line should the MOD decide to put a dampner on things.

They deserve credit and not criticism.

I for one am extremely grateful for the service that they self fund and provide.