MODNet iPhone

Kingtubzie

Swinger
I have just been informed that I am being issued a MODNet iPhone.
I honestly forgot to ask what model the Army use?
I want to order a phone case for it. Has anyone been issued or are currently using one.
Also, are you able to download apps on the phone or is this not permitted.
Many thanks

Every one I’ve had has been a 6 Plus, but that’s no guarantee of anything. Suspect the MOD got a job lot.

Whatever it is, it’ll have a ‘high’ side (MODNET) and a ‘low’ side (iPhone ordinaire). You can pretty much do what like with the low side. Should come with an otterbox and hard glass.

Just beware, any updates or need to fiddle with the phone and the IT geeks will wipe it as soon as look at it, so don’t keep much personal stuff on it. And I think the twats disable airdrop as a matter of course, so getting stuff on, off and between phones is a PITA.

Kingtubzie

Swinger
Every one I’ve had has been a 6 Plus, but that’s no guarantee of anything. Suspect the MOD got a job lot.

Whatever it is, it’ll have a ‘high’ side (MODNET) and a ‘low’ side (iPhone ordinaire). You can pretty much do what like with the low side. Should come with an otterbox and hard glass.

Just beware, any updates or need to fiddle with the phone and the IT geeks will wipe it as soon as look at it, so don’t keep much personal stuff on it. And I think the twats disable airdrop as a matter of course, so getting stuff on, off and between phones is a PITA.
Many thanks for your reply. I will let you know what the latest issue is.

They were issuing 6s and 7. It should come with a case. I recommend that you create a new iTunes account for the purpose of, if you back up into that MOD can't touch it. There's currently nothing stopping you downloading any Apps though some of the messaging apps might be out of bounds for work traffic.

You are the chosen one, all I got was a crappy nokia a few years ago, did not like it to intrusive out of work.
But great for cold callers about the recent accident as telling caller my phone was a restricted number & monitored by the security service normally got them hanging up. It was not but all calls were logged in/out on the mobile.

BopBopBop

Old-Salt
You are the chosen one, all I got was a crappy nokia a few years ago, did not like it to intrusive out of work.
But great for cold callers about the recent accident as telling caller my phone was a restricted number & monitored by the security service normally got them hanging up. It was not but all calls were logged in/out on the mobile.
I think you may have just failed your security test.

The might of our enemies cyber teams will now be focussed on gathering intelligence from your handset and your number will go on "THAT list"

I think you may have just failed your security test.

The might of our enemies cyber teams will now be focussed on gathering intelligence from your handset and your number will go on "THAT list"
I was with **** so they monitored it any way.

I have just been informed that I am being issued a MODNet iPhone.
I honestly forgot to ask what model the Army use?
I want to order a phone case for it. Has anyone been issued or are currently using one.
Also, are you able to download apps on the phone or is this not permitted.
Many thanks
Go to the iHub and have a look at the catalogue. iPhone 7 and 8 available.

The best phone ever made

1571679188991.png

Bollocks...6310i
Even after a decade of smart phones, all things being equal I am still inclined to agree. I had two of those bad boys in succession. A simple phone, but it always had the best signal reception of any phone in any given location, battery lasted forever and it was just plain, doggedly reliable. The Lee Enfield No1 Mk3 of mobile comms!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
alfred_the_great ARRSE: Site Issues 3
DesktopCommando ARRSE: Site Issues 8
K The Intelligence Cell 66

Latest Threads