modifing a chest Rig?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Green_Garfield, Nov 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. rung Jay Jays last week to sort out putting velcro on the ammo pouches instead of the clips.
    has anyone else done this? is there any other mods for the standard issue chest that people would recommend?

don't wanna go down there get the job done, go home and think i could have had something else done

cheers GG
  2. You may want to consider MOLLE loops on the utility pouches. Not only does it look aesthetically pleasing but it will allow you to attach smaller pouches you would otherwise have loose all over the place.
    A friend of mine in the TA did it and said it was a godsend.
  3. I got my ammo pouches on my ops vest modified at Jay Jays a few weeks ago and they are great. Velcro closures on two of them cost a tenner, well worth it and done in about 10 mins too.
  4. Have you spoke to anyone in the "Squipper" section on your camp GG? Providing your on a camp with aircraft there should be someone capable of doing this for a couple of cans.
  5. yeah but the difference is that most of the RAF aren't as "green" as me so i won't get laughed at at Jay jay's