Modified sights??

J

jh1488

I have had some trouble with accuracy with red dot sights. I was a marksman in the TA and never had any bother untill now, fair enough I fire an SMK B2 but have moded it slightly so of a bench stand its fairly accurate (2cm at worst group at 10y). Any way I made my self some crosshairs to fit inside the sun shade on the scope to line the dot and hairs up while firing to try and reduce paralax. I got the idea after hearing about the accucover, I havent had chance to test it yet. Has any one else done anything similar?

I have had some trouble with accuracy with red dot sights. I was a marksman in the TA and never had any bother untill now, fair enough I fire an SMK B2 but have moded it slightly so of a bench stand its fairly accurate (2cm at worst group at 10y). Any way I made my self some crosshairs to fit inside the sun shade on the scope to line the dot and hairs up while firing to try and reduce paralax. I got the idea after hearing about the accucover, I havent had chance to test it yet. Has any one else done anything similar?
Buy a proper sight for the gun and pellets you are using.

Are you using cheapo pellets?

Hang on, I've just googled the air rifle you are using; Are you expecting great accuracy from a £40 gun? You'd get better results off of an blowpipe!

As for making crosshairs on the sunshade; you don't know much about optics do you. Why not draw a cross on your eyeball with a crayon?

This has the ingredients of a wind up. However, what do you want to achieve with this rifle? First of all when you say you are using a bench to zero you need to make sure that the rifle is not resting directly on a hard surface. It's ok to rest your forearm or hand with which you're holding it. With a decent rifle the pellets should be pretty much going through the same hole at 10 yards. As it stands your rifle / sight combination isn't accurate enough to hunt rabbits and a 2cm group at 10 yards makes it marginal even for close-range ratting. You'd be better off getting your hands on a second-hand BSA Lightning or the like.

This has the ingredients of a wind up. However, what do you want to achieve with this rifle? First of all when you say you are using a bench to zero you need to make sure that the rifle is not resting directly on a hard surface. It's ok to rest your forearm or hand with which you're holding it. With a decent rifle the pellets should be pretty much going through the same hole at 10 yards. As it stands your rifle / sight combination isn't accurate enough to hunt rabbits and a 2cm group at 10 yards makes it marginal even for close-range ratting. You'd be better off getting your hands on a second-hand BSA Lightning or the like.
He must know what he's on about; he draws his own cross hairs! ;-)

J

jh1488

yer thanks for the critercism guys and for all your info I have killed 5 rabbits with it. Its not that bad of a rifle for the cost as I dont have much money to spend.

I use RWS super domes .22, I have just tested my little set up and it works great.

yer thanks for the critercism guys and for all your info I have killed 5 rabbits with it. Its not that bad of a rifle for the cost as I dont have much money to spend.

I use RWS super domes .22, I have just tested my little set up and it works great.
pants.jpg

We're on about shooting stuff not smashing them over the head! ;-)

Is it a break barrel air rifle?

J

jh1488

Why do I even bother! Thank your selves for losing a member of arrse! I didnt join to have the piss take out of.

Why do I even bother! Thank your selves for losing a member of arrse!
It's called a sense of humour - If you can handle a bit of banter you'll get some good advice. As it stands the only advice I can see fit for you is pack up your keyboard and **** off from the internet you precious little hom! (Are you sure you're not an abused cadet not ex TA?)

Somebody reported a post..
Probably the OP on this using his own crayoned cross hairs and missed! :)

I think it might be because I was hitting my keyboard too hard when I sent him my original advice and sarcasm :)

(Watch what you say though: He an ex-TA Marksman and he's got 5 confirmed kills!

Bugs Bunny, Roger Rabbit, Thumper, The Duracell Bunny and the Rampant Rabbit that's inserted squarely up his tight arrse!)

:)