Modified Bergen

Hi guys,
I have one of the old SAS bergens and would like to get it modified, 3 water bottle pouches on the front instead of the one pouch, also zips on the side that can take the PLCE side packs.
Can anyone recommend somewhere that I can get this done??
Cheers
Paul

HM Supplies, Aldershot.

Don't have address and tel no to hand, just Google the above and you'll get the details.

If this isn't convenient, I know JayJays (Brecon) and Troopers (Colchester) will do the same mod.

Forgot to say - keep the large pouch on and have the three others stitched above it.

HM Supplies will be able to make these pouches to any shape/size/colour you want.

jayjays is excellent. personally recommended.

for the w/bottle pouches at least, you enquire with a local cobber, then buy them seperate & take bergan & pouches into him.

Just been posted ooop North - anyone recommend someone in the Catterick area to do similar style mods? And a good surplus shop... I've heard of John Bull before - are they the best?

Cheers

cpunk

LE
Sorry gents, but can I ask a question? Other than looking well 'ard, is there any reason on earth for an operational soldier to carry out these modifications?

well, looking well'ard is very important.

image is everything you know!

:lol:

cpunk said:
Sorry gents, but can I ask a question? Other than looking well 'ard, is there any reason on earth for an operational soldier to carry out these modifications?
I agree that having extra pouches on your bergen comes in handy, especially for ease of getting to certain pieces of equipment. As for the Para/SAS bergen, they weigh a bloody ton empty! I was chuffed to fcuk when we finally got rid of them and was issued the bergen we have today (obviously in olive drab back then!). No-one uses them in Para Regt anymore except a few crows who think they look ally.

cpunk

LE
Fallschirmjager said:
cpunk said:
I agree that having extra pouches on your bergen comes in handy, especially for ease of getting to certain pieces of equipment. As for the Para/SAS bergen, they weigh a bloody ton empty! I was chuffed to fcuk when we finally got rid of them and was issued the bergen we have today (obviously in olive drab back then!). No-one uses them in Para Regt anymore except a few crows who think they look ally.
Really?

It would be far easier to obtain extra pouches and stitch the bergen to them rather than the other war 'round. Either that, or obtain a bergen with extra pouches - or one big pouch. That way you're not restricted by pouch size or over-pouching.

how much is it to buy then?

ok.
i got my chest rig modded there many moons ago for 30 squid. excellent mod!

the_crimp_off said:
Soldier_5 said:
how much is it to buy then?
More than what you get paid for your paper round. I expect you'll have to mow a few lawns too.
thanks crimp us uni types have to survive somehow!