Modified Bergen

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by paul698, Apr 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,
    I have one of the old SAS bergens and would like to get it modified, 3 water bottle pouches on the front instead of the one pouch, also zips on the side that can take the PLCE side packs.
    Can anyone recommend somewhere that I can get this done??
  2. HM Supplies, Aldershot.

Don't have address and tel no to hand, just Google the above and you'll get the details.

If this isn't convenient, I know JayJays (Brecon) and Troopers (Colchester) will do the same mod.
  3. Forgot to say - keep the large pouch on and have the three others stitched above it.

HM Supplies will be able to make these pouches to any shape/size/colour you want.
  4. jayjays is excellent. personally recommended.
  5. Hey guys,
    thanks very much, really appreciate the comments and advice
  6. This is the site for HM Supplies. It gives all necessary details about their stores around the country.

I hope this helps.

7. for the w/bottle pouches at least, you enquire with a local cobber, then buy them seperate & take bergan & pouches into him.
  8. Just been posted ooop North - anyone recommend someone in the Catterick area to do similar style mods? And a good surplus shop... I've heard of John Bull before - are they the best?

9. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Sorry gents, but can I ask a question? Other than looking well 'ard, is there any reason on earth for an operational soldier to carry out these modifications?
  10. well, looking well'ard is very important.

image is everything you know!

11. I agree that having extra pouches on your bergen comes in handy, especially for ease of getting to certain pieces of equipment. As for the Para/SAS bergen, they weigh a bloody ton empty! I was chuffed to fcuk when we finally got rid of them and was issued the bergen we have today (obviously in olive drab back then!). No-one uses them in Para Regt anymore except a few crows who think they look ally.
  12. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

13. Cross my heart and hope to die! :D
  14. It would be far easier to obtain extra pouches and stitch the bergen to them rather than the other war 'round. Either that, or obtain a bergen with extra pouches - or one big pouch. That way you're not restricted by pouch size or over-pouching.
  15. Have a look in jay jays they have the current INF bergan modded similar to what you describe in stock or you can send yours to be modded.