Modification To Issue Assault Vest??

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by SilverShadows, Dec 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi i have an issue assault vest (waistcoat mans general purpose ops). as the ammo pouches are pants i am after removing them and having an issue PLCE webbing ammo pouch sewn in place. I am also after having belt loops sewn inside the vest like some of the more commercial vests in order to accept a waistbelt.

Does anyone know where i could get these two modifications done and also an approximate cost? i have heard troopers or jays jays is a good bet? However it would be a case of sending the vest and pouch as i am living in sheffield area unless anyone knows of anywhere local.

2. To get the pouches added will cost you around £25 and it'll be roughly £6 postage both ways for Troopers. Their number is 01206511268. Try the search, there's a massive Jay Jay / Troopers thread on here.

T C
  3. Ok mate thanks alot for info
  4. Just had mine done at jay Jays and got it back today.

Two new ammo pouches with velcro and press stud fitted - the full dogs danglers. Took less than two weeks and cost about £35, money well spent.
  5. Heidi, i,ve been in touch with Jay Jays and they have offered me two options, either add a standard PLCE pouch or move the left hand utility as far back as possible and add three mag pouches which sounds interesting. Is there any chance of you posting a few pictures of the vest and a few close ups of their work.

6. God! one night in the khuds with us an' you go all warry on us! :D
  7. SS check your pm's. The quality is excellent and the pouches are a cross between the issue ones and the old chest-rig ones with the velcro closers (just right for suicide vests).

FF - after that one weekend I saw the light and the way forward! I was just getting my stuff 'super-waterproofed' in case I have to replicate your underwater instruction phase. Pretty sure I won't create such a bow-wave though.
  8. LLF told you was an underwater knife fighting instructor, did you belive me? no! any way IIRC the Ark Royal had a smaller bow wave than me!
  9. What other Mods do the guys at troopers do? Just called them but they're bussy. I had my ammo pouches done by them, and I was just wandering what else they can do to them. I thought a bayonet jobbys would be good. What else has any one had done or heard of?

T C