Modern Warfare-Get to the LZ

Having finished MW2 on veteran I decided to go back and finish the first one on that level too. However, I am totally stuck on this last part of the mission. The enemy waves are too much to try and shoot through, and I can't find any way of sneaking my way past either.

Anyone have any helpful hints as this part of the game is kicking my ass!

The safehouse level, where you have to get from the farm to the LZ at the bottom of the hill? I crossed the field, using the ditch on the right, then followed the road, only shooting those I had to, then jumped the fence and went down the cliff rather than follow the path. I then had to wait by the helo for Capt. Price and the rest of the team - amateurs 8)

Cheers Bravo Zulu, managed it second attempt. You're right, only engaging those targets firing at you or directly in front makes it a lot easier and quicker.

Cheers mate, had to stop for a brew and the missus is home so back to normality now, hehe!

All came to a screaming halt at the War Room, lol! Made it to the checkpoint at the bottom of the stairs but as soon as I try to rush through; Endex!

Still, plenty of Christmas holiday left, lol!