Modern Spies

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by FNUSNU, Apr 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just watched this on bbc 2. Quite interesting though 'Curveball' pissed me off, we went to war because of his lies (& the USA lapping his shit up, albeit 2nd hand from the Germans). What a ****, his smirk at the end had me firing up the outrage bus!
  2. You get the feeling that if he'd played the FSB like a cheap violin, he'd have been treated to an extra-hot cup of tea.
  3. I thought it was all a bit simplistic and had to chuckle at the toy guns in the Libyan reconstruction.

I was surprised to see they let cameras into GCHQ.
  4. The toy guns were badly cut wood werent they?
  5. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

...... sounds like the SA80 to me... arf, arf.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ive corrected your mistake there.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

okay, okay... let's call it a Lee-Enfield.... INCOMING!
  8. I thought the programme was pretty informative but i was disappointed with the fairly desultory sentence that the British jihadi Khazi somethingorother received when he,d gone out to buy arms and was caught in the sting operation, Especially after the footage of him chopsing off about how he could'nt wait to meet British soldiers in battle and see them running away.
    I wonder if he,s met any ex squaddies in the nick and if so, who,s done the running away?
  9. Did have Anna Chapman in it though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just watched this now.

It was very interesting, but the fat 'curveball' really pissed me of, especially his smirk at the end. He clearly didn't care what the consequences of his actions were.
  11. Well the guys proud his lies help topple an evil dictator, that he didn't get to be Middle East Peace Envoy must be a disappointment.
  12. Yep, another job well done.

Interesting a complete lack of reference to the "dodgy dossier", but given the whole thing did look like an hour long free recruiting advert I suppose that was hardly going to be brought up. Something to look forward to next week?

The only thing missing was the obligatory bits from "Blackadder Goes Forth"; something like "What spy on our own spy while he searches for their spy? Why not, sounds rather amusing".

Attached Files:

13. Mention of the curveball character brings back memories of the LA Time article published in 2005. The ****-wit Bush and his cronies were trying to clutch at something.......anything to get the flipping war started. But this specific article really did throw some good light into how everything was ram raided through in terms of "solid" sources (or rather, one fake source). The guy was basically trying to lie his way into getting asylum...nothing more, nothing less. I don't even blame him, but people at the top really dropped the ball on this one. And here we are, still suffering the consequences. What a mess!

How U.S. Fell Under the Spell of 'Curveball' -

This one statement quoted in the article says it all: