Modern day missionary killed by native tribe. Hero or fool?

Missionary killed by isolated hunter gatherer tribe.

• Fool

Votes: 154 97.5%
  • Hero

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
This is a missionary selection course. The dead twat passed with flying colours.
A news item seen today.

Just months before undertaking the most forbidding journey in his life as a young missionary to a remote Indian Ocean island, John Allen Chau was blindfolded and dropped off on a dirt road in a remote part of Kansas.

After a long walk, he found a mock village in the woods inhabited by missionaries dressed in odd thrift-store clothes, pretending not to understand a word he said.

His role was to preach the gospel. The others were supposed to be physically aggressive. Some came at him with fake spears, speaking gibberish.

It was part of an intensive and somewhat secretive three-week missionary training camp. Mary Ho, the international executive leader for All Nations, the organisation that ran the training, said, "John was one of the best participants in this experience that we have ever had."

God seemed to give him a big clue according to his diary...

If the below isn't a sign to feck off out of there, I don't know what is

US missionary killed on remote island wanted to 'declare Jesus to these people'

One of the tribe members "shot me with an arrow -- directly into my Bible which I was holding in front of my chest," Chau wrote, saying he broke off the arrow on page 453 of the book of Isaiah.
‘This belonged to my great-granddad,’ he said. ‘He was in the scrap we had against Pseudopolis and my great-gran gave him this book of prayer for soldiers, ‘cos you need all the prayers you can get, believe you me, and he stuck it in the top pocket of his jerkin, ‘cos he couldn’t afford armour, and next day in battle - whoosh, this arrow came out of nowhere, wham, straight into this book and it went all the way through to the last page before stopping, look, you can see the hole.’

‘Pretty miraculous,’ Carrot agreed.

‘Yeah, it was, I s’pose,’ said the sergeant. He looked ruefully at the battered volume. ‘Shame about the other seventeen arrows, really.’

Jingo - Terry Pratchett

Last edited:
This is a missionary selection course. The dead twat passed with flying colours.
A news item seen today.

Just months before undertaking the most forbidding journey in his life as a young missionary to a remote Indian Ocean island, John Allen Chau was blindfolded and dropped off on a dirt road in a remote part of Kansas.

After a long walk, he found a mock village in the woods inhabited by missionaries dressed in odd thrift-store clothes, pretending not to understand a word he said.

His role was to preach the gospel. The others were supposed to be physically aggressive. Some came at him with fake spears, speaking gibberish.

It was part of an intensive and somewhat secretive three-week missionary training camp. Mary Ho, the international executive leader for All Nations, the organisation that ran the training, said, "John was one of the best participants in this experience that we have ever had."
Sounds like there is Green Beret influence in the mix there somewhere.

Giving the thread a bit of a bump, it has been confirmed that the US Government will not press charges against the tribe that killed this idiot.
Surprise twist for ‘uncontacted tribe’
I would be interested in how they were actually planning on doing this if they went ahead.[/QUOTE

Reading the article it would appear that the US Government never had given any thought of prosecuting anyone for this incident. The statement was in a response to a journalists question.

Send sime
Giving the thread a bit of a bump, it has been confirmed that the US Government will not press charges against the tribe that killed this idiot.

Surprise twist for ‘uncontacted tribe’

I would be interested in how they were actually planning on doing this if they went ahead.
Send someone to serve a warrant...
Ah, I can see a small problem there.

an arrow through the bible should have been a big clue they really didnt want to hear the word

Imagine if the poor bastards ever found out they were technically Indian...
They'll fit in perfectly. I don't imagine they've discovered the flushing toilet either.

Latest Threads