Modern Crusades

This might seem a bit overly simplistic, however,
Is the current 'war on terror'
just a new way of telling the public that we're off to bash the Muslim's cos we don't like/know/understand their culture.
And recent events in London and Barcelona are just the justification for re-starting the middle age crusades , albeit with heavy armour and air-superiority?

Just after GW1, a couple of US jurno's published a book, in fact it was a bloody large book very long and detailed, called....... CRUSADE.

At the time I was young and innocent(ish) and thought it all a load of tosh, I will dig it out, for IIRC it was all about the coming US crusade on the east, gain oil and wealth, lose pain in the bum middle-eastern countries and control the centre of the world!

I still believe that a key factor in Op Iraqi Freedom was to gain a good sized force bang in the centre of the Oil producing countries.

Also there isnt a country anywhere that can not be hit by land based US airpower now.

Darthspud,
The book's title is "Crusade - The Untold Story of the Gulf War" by Rick Atkinson. Published in the UK by Harper Collins.

And having dug out my copy, I may got it mixed up with another book :oops: .

I am having a quick re-read to check though its not looking good so far!