Moderators.......why so many?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Baddass, May 30, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How come every other Tom, Dick and Arrsehole is a moderator on this site? I remember when there was a 'healthy' figure, but now every bugger is at it. Fcuking epedemic........or is it pandemic?

What's up........couldn't get the rank in the job? In the TA and need something else 'vaguely' military to do? Civvy and dress up in DPM at weekends.........hang on.....that's the TA isn't it?

Anyway, how come there's so many?

2. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Probably so that, unlike Mil.Com, we can have a bit of a life and not have to spend every waking moment online wondering if the last poster was the spawn of Satan, sorry Islamic.

I think it works quite well - I have the AGC and RHQ boards - which are admittedly quite quiet but that means if I have only enough time for a quick surf I can log on, check what's happening (usually fcuk all!) and crack on.

Again unlike Mil.com the MODs here have limited access to what they can do (basically delete, edit or move a post) so all in all it's not a major hassle.

Why, want to join? :wink:

3. Blah blah - jealous

4. To keep dumb cnuts like you in line.

5. Why, thank ya'll kindly for your prompt and mature responses, in pirticulah from my Suthan buddy 'The Corporal' (sounds like a tag team wrestlah if ya asks me). Ah'm jus so glad that ah asked. Ah had bin laid awake for many a night pondering ovah this issue.

Now why don't ya'll jus fuck off.

6. Blah, blah..............$10 ho!

7. Hey!
    Talk to the pimp not the girls d*ckhead!

8. Dickhead?

Look Chubby, I asked a serious question and all I get is 'sh*te and onions' for answers.

It's not a concern nor is it a big issue, but why does this site need so many Moderators? Pretty soon we'll have more chiefs than injuns.

Now get yer face back in that pie.

9. Share the work load....

10. With only a small number of mods, one mod could have say 4 boards? Whats the point in lots of work, just have a mod for each board. Or in the case of the NAAFI have 3.

11. Unknown_Quantity

Unknown_Quantity War Hero Moderator

Furthur to what MM just said, any of the mods may be deployed or go away for a while with minimal notice, so to save hassle most boards have 2 mods.

12. I think this is Baddass baiting part II!

Baddass, with over 4500 members, the amount of mods is actually not that large.

Why do you ak the question......again?

13. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Not enough if you ask me to keep some of the guys in line.

14. GQ, so who needs keeping in line then, in your honest and professional opinion?