Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moderator Meltdown 2020

Who shall be the first smiter of the ban hammer in 2020, and who shall be the first 'smitee'?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oyibo

LE
ETA: Poll added, two choices allowed: One for the Smiter (Evil Janus-faced Mod) and one for the Smitee (Honest upstanding contributer to the site)

There have been some wonderful histrionics in the past from some sadly departed Mods such as Alsatian. But @Guns ' last New Years Day was truly epic: Maybe he had just watched 'Thor' as he swung his mighty ban hammer willy-nilly on Brexit threads (not that the issue vexes him) giving perma-bans all round.

May we see a concerted effort to keep up these standards for the start of 2020? @Sixty , get the WD40 on the ban hammer and go banzai.

Last edited:

ugly

LE
There have been some wonderful histrionics in the past from some sadly departed Mods such as Alsatian. But @Guns ' last New Years Day was truly epic: Maybe he had just watched 'Thor' as he swung his mighty ban hammer willy-nilly on Brexit threads (not that the issue vexes him) giving perma-bans all round.

May we see a concerted effort to keep up these standards for the start of 2020? @Sixty , get the WD40 on the ban hammer and go banzai.
Oh my you are a bad lad indeed

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Wouldn't be Arrse if there wasn't some form of meltdown in tgexearly part of the year. Probably something to do with SAD Seasonal Affective Disorder which seems to attack some Arrsers at this time of year.

Be patient and 31 January 2020 may just exacerbate this with some spectacular (hopefully) meltdowns from Remainers. :)

Oyibo

LE
Oh my you are a bad lad indeed

The bar has been set high, but there are standards to be maintained in the next decade.

The bar has been set high, but there are standards to be maintained in the next decade.

Guns was a weapons-grade throbber; Christ, I even stuck up for Crusty the Lobster after our nautical 'friend' had hit the Pussers Rum too hard and smited him. Crusty might well be a complete and utter cnut, but he is our complete and utter cnut and, on this particular occasion, didn't deserve banning.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Blood pressure very stable here at the mo so not much chance. Have you not seen the lurrve that I have been getting from members on the Christmas Draw thread?

Can I state now that I've never had a problem with any of the moderators and therefore wish none of them any ill will?

Apart from that MrBane chap who still owes me a North Korean hat themed kitchen sink.

Edit - although I will of course take this public acceptance of his long term incompetence and swap said kitchen sink for a pair of AKU Pilgrims, black, size 8, (GORETEX obviously) courtesy of Trekitt, lovely lads, etc.

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Guns was a weapons-grade throbber; Christ, I even stuck up for Crusty the Lobster after our nautical 'friend' had hit the Pussers Rum too hard and smited him. Crusty might well be a complete and utter cnut, but he is our complete and utter cnut and, on this particular occasion, didn't deserve banning.
Crusty always deserves the ban hammer, even if innocent! ;)

I do so love a good goading.

Blood pressure very stable here at the mo so not much chance. Have you not seen the lurrve that I have been getting from members on the Christmas Draw thread?

It's only because you're a senile old twat and can't recognise the fact that you are, that allows us to take the piss.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Come on then, who do you expect to be the first to feel the tickle of the Mighty Ban Hammer?

Oyibo

LE

Crusty the Clown is a knob of the highest order in his Arrse persona. But I did think a perma-ban was a tad petulant.

But that's all in the past - Which of our august Mods is man/woman/thing enough to drink a Nebuchadnezzar of Buckie before midnight and then lay in with the hammer of woe?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It's only because you're a senile old twat and can't recognise the fact that you are, that allows us to take the piss.
Why thank you for your kind words!

Latest Threads