Moderator harrasment!!!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by sigstab, May 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can the moderator please explain why Armourer's topic on runners in pakistan is locked?
    Give the guy a break. I could see through it, if Armourer had made the story up. It was a factual news item with Armourers opinion on it. So what??
    PTP, i think if you were chocolate you would be in danger of eating yourself!
    I thank you in advance for deleting this post!
  2. Armourer has a pattern of posting potentially racially inflammatory material which I suspect is why PTP locked the thread.
  3. You beat me CP!!!

Having just read the post, where do you think it was going to go, sigstab, really?

Good call PTP.
  4. nothing racially inflammatory about his post. Ive looked at it and i think he makes a valid piont.
    Poor moderating thats all.
    Stand down ptp. SNLR
  5. You beat me CP!!!

Having just read the post, where do you think it was going to go, sigstab, really?

Good call PTP.
  6. well thats your opinion, we may have different ones.
  7. I'm going to throw my two cents in here...I am a moderator on two other boards, here in the US. If I recall correctly, when you join, your really not joining a democracy or have rights to "free speech." If the moderator chooses to delete, lock, etc well, bitching about it aint going to help any. That is just the way it is.

The moderator who booted the thread, do so, in his/her judgement, which is what they are supposed to do. Live with it...
  8. I agree with you totally cowboy. My point is we are all entitled to them. It seem's though, if the topic doesn't sit comfortably with ptp's political opinion it gets locked/deleted. Ptp has taken a childish dislike to Armourer because of his views. I think he should hand over the reign of power that he covets so much to someone more capable. Perhaps someone less childish.
    Lets face it, what sort of moderator tells the members to fcuk off and then chastises them for posting a valid news item, albeit with their opinion attached.
    What a kno8!!
  9. yawn yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  10. mod=god
  11. Give the Mods a break. Some of us (myself included :oops: ) do post some rubbish on this forum, and thankfully, the Mods are prepared to sacrifice their time to police it.
    This is a military forum, so surely we are all familiar with the concept of discipline. On the whole, any deletions are handled with sensitivity, and warnings are given in advance.
    The Mods word is final, if I dont like it, I know where the door is. :wink:
  12. I made the point that Armourer's post fits into a pattern. Ultimately, from the Mod's point of view, you have to ask where a thread is going and what reaction the original post is intended to provoke. From what Armourer has posted in the past, my assumption as a Mod would be that he is intending to use this one incident to help prove that all Muslims are intolerant, backward and ridiculous. He might well argue that this fits into a pattern of behaviour and that his hypothesis is correct, whereas I suspect that if we looked, it would not be too difficult to find other religious zealots doing similar things - the thought immediately springs to my mind of American 'bible belt' schools and colleges banning the Harry Potter books for being 'Satanic'. The point here being that Armourer only posts stuff that depicts Muslims in a negative light, whilst ignoring zealotry in other religions. I don't know why he does this, or whether he is in fact a racist, but I can understand why PTP is inclined to be somewhat harsh towards Armourer's provocations.

As to PTP's politics, he makes no secret of the fact that he's a Lib Dem activist, but I haven't seen any obvious bias in his moderating. Personally, I wouldn't vote Lib Dem if the only alternative was being sodomised by Ann Widdecombe with a 10" strap on, but I've never had a problem with the way PTP moderates his forum and relatively little gets cut or locked.
  13. I think I'll let this run for a bit :D
  14. could get nasty i like it
  15. All very true CP, but is it the mods job to pre-empt the discussion or should it be for the members of the board to make an informed debate on the subject and to embrace or reject it on it's relative merits/failings as an argument?

I dont think that's helped to clear the waters any, but hey lets see where it takes us.