Moderating CA

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by TheIronDuke, Mar 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

It wants gripping.

Yeah, OK, hands up. I tend to swear and stick me oar into bits of ARRSE I should stay out of. But CA is an interesting bit of ARRSE. And should be serious. Ish.

Currently it seems to have been invaded by sock-puppets and / or *******.

Half the fun of ARRSE is, you can have a pop pretty well anywhere. So long as you do not piss off the forum Mods or the people who know what they are talking about.

CA should be a bit more vigorous in the application of rules.

Just my view. Which, let us face it, is the only view that counts.

• Like Like x 4
  2. The Tool that just keeps giving - Earth!

3. TheIronDuke

Yeah. What a complete ******* cuntcasket. But Earth is not really the issue. If there is a bit of ARRSE where we all think, mind our manners and post serious shite.... Well, as a serious man... I might like that.

Make it so.

4. They won't give Higgs_Bosun a ban for his anti-semitism either. They banned someone for using the word Paki but I suppose it's in keeping with some spineless agenda.

• Like Like x 9
  5. I think Higgsy has been finally RoP'd.

It took a very, very long time for this to happen though.

6. TheIronDuke

Always interesting to see which threads my Moderators do not post on. Don't you find?

• Like Like x 2
  7. It had occurred to me once or twice.

I think it was Mossad.

8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Well its not from lack of effort. The amount of threads/posts is of course much bigger than in times past and growing exponentially which makes spotting everything amiss a bit harder, and yes, the tosser ratio has increased proportionally...
    I would encourage all to make use of the report post function, we all [CA mods, or whatever relevant forum mods] get a mail and can quickly jump on something when its flagged.
    Keep in mind the Modding is all best effort, no shift work or organisation involved, and there is a lot of time burnt invisibly just reading crap without any action needed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Absolutely, if you have a problem with a particular post/thread/user then PM the relevant mod or me.

Regarding HB, I don't consider holocaust denial to be anti-semitism. Ludicrous in the face of the overwhelming evidence - yes but anti-semitic - no. The great thing about that thread was that plenty of users completely destroyed the 'evidence'

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheIronDuke

Yeah, thank you for the response and on this occasion I forgive you for being ******* French. I hear what you are saying and Modding a high volume, high attitude board is a nightmare. And I do not pay you foot-soldiers much, but times are hard, you know?

That said, how about we make more Global Mods. Who can spaz shite in CA without waiting for a Admin or a CA Mod to turn up? It is not like we are waiting for a bus, is it?

I vote for that Porridge Gun person. He may be light on his feet but he is a sound chap at bottom.

Either way my friend. Drop the ******* ******* before I do.

11. I dont believe there was anything great about that thread, apart from HB' s ability to keep on spouting some pretty offensive crap unchallenged...

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 1
  12. TheIronDuke

Yeah Dad. I'll be home by 11.00. Jesus.

I did not read the HB Holocaust denial thread and to be honest, HB was a ******, but an interesting ******.

What pisses me off about CA is the proper *******. Who post bollocks that might play in NAAFI or even IC.

I mean, ******* hell. I know it is not easy being my Dad and I have forgiven you for what you did to Mummy. But can we have standards in CA?

And a pony for my sister.

13. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I'm not sure if it's the hypocrisy or the irony I like best about that post.

One of the worst culprits for posting irrelevant nonsense and badly conceived 'comedy' in CA whining about other people doing it?

Laughable. Why not post a picture of a train?

• Like Like x 6
  14. I have no problem with Holocaust Denial as long as it is fact based, however I digress because the thread itself wasn't a problem.

HB turned up in the 'Pope off' thread and embarked upon a campaign of invective which was supplemented by being totally off topic, one of the posters (zero-over?) said he had reported this several times and had been ignored.

I didn't report HB as I thought in my naiveté that such high profile behaviour would surely attract the attentions of a CA Mod.

It didn't, not until the thread was trashed anyway.

15. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I'd rather be French than a Geordie, but fortunately I have the privilege of being born on land owned by the offspring of HM the Q in one of the finest parts of England.
    As I said, if you expend the effort to click the report post icon, (PM will not automatically flag a mod), resources can be better focused.