• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Moderate Muslims have a pop at extremists in Luton

Muslim extremists behind a protest against soldiers on a homecoming parade have been driven off the streets today by members of their own community.

Fights broke out and traffic ground to a halt when moderate Muslims confronted a group of about 12 men who regularly preach from a stall in Bury Park - the heart of Luton's Muslim community.

After Friday prayers, more than 200 members of local mosques turned on the group who sparked outrage in March when they disrupted a parade by the Royal Anglian Regiment through the town centre.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nti-war-protest-driven-members-community.html

Good show.

msr

"After Friday prayers, more than 200 members of local mosques turned on the group"

"moderate members of his community took action because police had failed to move the group on"

And Luton's dibble rocked up with.........

"One police officer and two community support officers struggled to hold them apart until more officers arrived" :D

T

trowel

the_guru said:
Good news. These fellas are showing that the vast majority of Muslims are as sick of the extremists as the whites are with the BNP.
Would you mind explaining how and when you were appointed to the post of spokesman for the majoity of Muslims, and "the whites".

trowel said:
the_guru said:
Good news. These fellas are showing that the vast majority of Muslims are as sick of the extremists as the whites are with the BNP.
Would you mind explaining how and when you were appointed to the post of spokesman for the majoity of Muslims, and "the whites".

I know lots of white people. None of them support the BNP. Extrapolating from this limited sample space, I think that very few people actually support the BNP. Sure, many will have sympathy for certain BNP ideas, but then the majority of muslims probably have some sympathy with the idea of a religious state. It doesn't mean that they want it rigidly enforced in the UK.

This is very encouraging. Hopefully the tide is turning in the UK at least; the rest of the world may take a while before it brings itself to act like this.

Well done to all for doing something the Authorites/ Home Office should have done ages ago. As said earlier, it's a shame this hasn't happened sooner.

The inaction shown to the extremists to date have played into the Far Rights hands. Shame the authorites didn't have the balls, as it might have stopped decent people even considering the BNP as a solution to this problem. Whilst it is true the Far Right were involved in the other protest, you don't need to be Right Wing to get fed up of the situation, as the Moderates have shown. Well done again.

why are poeple using the term 'moderate'??????

they are just normal everyday good hearted folk much like the rest of us FFS ( to generalise if i may....), people who see an obvious injustice and so are voicing their concerns. as we all should when faced with the yelling of the bigoted who claim to represent us all.

Muslim 'mainstream' opposition to jihadist extremism here in the UK is nothing new, its only lately that a truer picture is starting to emerge, one that shows just how little support extreamism is getting from the greater community.

and you can apply that the the white honkies and thier BNP crew too............

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
I find both the BNP and the extreme muslims equally disturbing and repellent.

All in all good drills for the moderate muslims of Luton. I have much more in common with those people than any BNP supporter (or for balance, extreme muslims)

DrStealth - I think you will people using the term 'moderate' in this thread in line with the link to the Daily Mail Headline (and indeed article) that msr linked to, as the headline doesn't say 'Extremists behind anti-war protest driven off the streets by normal everyday good hearted Muslims'.

A strongly worded letter to the Editor should sort out the problem you have with this terminology.

Failing that I would say that Tony Blair started it back in 2006, but that would only upset other people on here..

trowel said:
the_guru said:

Great point Trowel, nobody should try to frame themselves as a spokesperson...

trowel said:
chrisg46 said:
Like it, good to see the moderate MAJORITY muslim population making its opinions clear.
Too little, too late, springs to mind.
:roll:

Cockend.

Good stuff - especially the size of the crowd! Maybe it's the times but ultimately it shouldn't surprise anyone that a bunch of young men - even if they are Muslim and thus presumed anti-British - organised themselves and said, "Let's drive the tossers out of town!"

Dare I say it constitutes a more effective opposition than what white Luton has presented so far to the extremists...

Latest Threads