model planes anyone?

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by maguire, Dec 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

2. That is just awsome!!!
  3. Superb!

It looks astonishing to start with and hen you see inside the cockpit! Brilliant.
  4. That is seriously magnificent.

I notice he's even included the physical undercarriage 'down' markers in the wings.

5. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Nice. Gets me in the mood for a visual on a working 1:1 example at 14:45 today (see my posting yesterday on the Obituaries thread).
  6. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Blimey, that is amazing.
  7. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

One thing that occurs, but I don't claim sufficient knowledge to chalk it up as an error.

Shirley if it's an early Mark 1 (see comments wrt flat, not bubble, canopy) it would have a two-bladed propellor?

I must be wrong?
  8. Early Mk1's were retro-fitted with a three-prop Rotol.

It looks incomplete to me without a mirror on top of the windscreen.

..and there is no clear vision panel on the canopy , mind you, it would be a b*stard to mould.
  9. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Are you lot never happy? :)
  10. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

That's awesome!! :D
    Put's my 1/32nd scale RAF Tornado GR1 in Squadron colours to shame.... :cry:
  11. I want one! :)
  12. It is beautiful.

If it was me though, I'd be very tempted to make every piece, oh I dunno, about five times bigger? :)
  13. The rear view mirror was initially a local fit at squadron level and was incorporated into later Mk1s and Mk11s in production.

It is however unlikely that a flat canopy aircraft would have flown with a 3 blade dowty prop. The malcom hood came befroe the Dowty IIRC.
  14. Stunning...absolutely amazing. 11 years in the making? And I thought 13 months for my DeAgostini 1/10th Spit was too long!
  15. Absolutley amazing that, the cockpit layout is fantastic. Looks like he took as long as that guy who found the hurricane in India, whose book ive just finished.

He deserves all the praise for making that, beats my old airfix spits, whose wings usually fell off