model planes anyone?

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Superb!

It looks astonishing to start with and hen you see inside the cockpit! Brilliant.

That is seriously magnificent.

I notice he's even included the physical undercarriage 'down' markers in the wings.

Superb.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Nice. Gets me in the mood for a visual on a working 1:1 example at 14:45 today (see my posting yesterday on the Obituaries thread).

Blimey, that is amazing.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
One thing that occurs, but I don't claim sufficient knowledge to chalk it up as an error.

Shirley if it's an early Mark 1 (see comments wrt flat, not bubble, canopy) it would have a two-bladed propellor?

I must be wrong?

Early Mk1's were retro-fitted with a three-prop Rotol.

It looks incomplete to me without a mirror on top of the windscreen.

..and there is no clear vision panel on the canopy , mind you, it would be a b*stard to mould.

Are you lot never happy? :)

I want one! :)

It is beautiful.

If it was me though, I'd be very tempted to make every piece, oh I dunno, about five times bigger? :)

The rear view mirror was initially a local fit at squadron level and was incorporated into later Mk1s and Mk11s in production.

It is however unlikely that a flat canopy aircraft would have flown with a 3 blade dowty prop. The malcom hood came befroe the Dowty IIRC.

Stunning...absolutely amazing. 11 years in the making? And I thought 13 months for my DeAgostini 1/10th Spit was too long!

Absolutley amazing that, the cockpit layout is fantastic. Looks like he took as long as that guy who found the hurricane in India, whose book ive just finished.

He deserves all the praise for making that, beats my old airfix spits, whose wings usually fell off

Magnificent. A true work of art. Might well go over to Hendon to have a look at it.

That must have involved a few hours in the potting shed and no family/social life...

Furryturd said:
The rear view mirror was initially a local fit at squadron level and was incorporated into later Mk1s and Mk11s in production.
Mirror was taken from austin seven rubys no less, Techs spent weeks scouring scrappies, I'll get my coat.

Latest Threads