Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by CutLunchCommando, Oct 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Buah ha ha ha ha!

However on a more serious note, will they just be knocking out story links at their current rate? Thus far they don't really seem to be inspiring much discussion.

EDIT I have had a look at their posting history and about half of them have yet to inspire a response.
  2. dockers

dockers Old-Salt Book Reviewer

I agree. They tend to knock off topics from the last 50 for little value, it seems. Perhaps they should be limited to either the daily six key messages that are on the main MoD site? Would it be possible to draw everyone's attention to them with a single post?
  3. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Its an automatic thing which takes the stories off the MoD website and posts them in here. Army ones go into Current Affairs whilst
    the RAF/RN ones go into the new RAF/RN forums. The latter two have only been active for a couple of hours so probably not that surprising.

We'll see how they get on but if they continue to be ignored we'll get rid in a few weeks. ....

BTW, maybe you could be MoD_RSS's first friend ..... I think it would like that....
  4. of MOD_RSS or the RN and RAF Forums? ^_~
  5. Ooooh YES, I'll do that. Its all best mates and lets have a look at your sketches and enthusiasm for the mission when it starts. But then the AE35 units start to fail and before you know it you have to climb inside it with a screw driver and disconnect its higher logic functions.
  6. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Problem is BCO, it tends to clutter up Current affairs.
    I was looking earlier today at their post & most of them were just that, clutter.
    The stories of any value will be picked up by members immediately and not a couple of days later as seems to happen with MOD_RSS.
  7. I'm going to leave a glass of milk and some cookies by my PC. I'll let you know the results in the morning.
  8. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

As I say, lets see how it gets on. MoD_RSS posts about once or twice in a day (less today for RN/RAF which is a one off) so I don't think it is that much of a huge drama.