Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

"MOD91" - Veterans version of MOD90

Under a new scheme veterans will be able to apply for version of the MOD90 form known as "MOD91" and Veterans will be allowed to retain their MOD90 as part of the scheme.

Upon contacing the Royal British Legion today and asking a bewildered person on the phone he spoke to someone "in the know" and it seems their is an official scheme in the works but they are awaiting feedback from the old and bold etc so if their are people who if there are those would like to see the scheme officially implemented they should perhaps give their own feedback.

As of today there is no official form you download or get sent through the post but its a concept although no idea if its in addition to or a replacement for the Defence Discount Service itself which is simply an Armed Forces version of the Blue Light scheme.

"The Ministry of Defence is working on a new veterans policy due to be published in the autumn, looking at issues such as homelessness, loneliness, debt problems, and mental health. Around 15,000 personnel leave the navy, army and air force every year. Personnel who have already left can apply for an MoD 91 card. The MoD has databases listing all who served since 1975, according to the minister."

So its not officially been released but I'm guessing the main aim of the scheme is to provide something for Veterans to feel good about (why not?) or an officially endorsed means for access to veterans service without having to purchase a walting Veterans card off of eBay.

Bearing in mind the date of the article mentioned above 28th May 2018 and the source is The Sun I did cross check other sources

Veterans Allowed To Keep Military ID Cards

The Minister for Defence People and Veterans Tobias Ellwood has announced that personnel leaving the armed forces will now be able to keep their military ID. - June 11th 2018

I'm guessing it will be free and also allow companies like British Veterans Recognition Card to stop taking people for a mug will retarded fees and crap incentives like the sh*t looking ID that people also flog on eBay.

SampleCardsm.jpg

So until anyone has been formally discharged and allowed to retain their MOD90 with the corner cut off it's hearsay as it seems to have been announed but in the pipeline.

I'd rather see the cash, wasted on this, spent on useful things for those still serving.
What sort of sad git is going to apply for one of these and suck money out of the, already under pressure, budget?

I'd rather see the cash, wasted on this, spent on useful things for those still serving.
What sort of sad git is going to apply for one of these and suck money out of the, already under pressure, budget?

Agree. If you want buckshee stuff use the AF discount scheme, if you need access to med support via the NHS they have to go threw glasgow anyway so whats the point.

just lose the ID before retirement ... the usual way to keep it

Well seems to be no need now seeing as how it's apparently authorized for them to be retained as long as the corne is cut.

Although I'm waiting on someone to verify this is gospel by being allowed it to be retained on discharge, or is there someone on this site who works at the Glasgow offices?