MOD90 Question

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Dan909, Nov 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello guys, Ive recently decided that the TA would be a very realistic insight to the regulars without actually jumping straight in, living in barraks etc etc (since ive been reminded numerous times "Afghanistan 2011").

But ive only just come across this MOD90, which im guessing is the real name for Army ID, I was just wondering if TA infantry get these or is it just the regular guys? If they do is it just issued on training weekends or is it "your ID"?

Bit of background about my situation, ive recently passed selection (24th oct) for Infantry in the TA, not been issued kit or attested yet, my next date to attend is the 10th November, and im guessing ill be attested etc then.

Thanks in advance.

2. You'll get a MOD90

3. Used to be that it was locked away from you, now you get to keep it and take it home, show all your mates down the pub and get money off in MoTo service stations..

4. Wandered into Focus the other day and noticed that they are offering forces discount of 10% ,which i got.
    You need your MOD 90 and proof of address (driving licence).
    Some motor accessories also offer discount ,i know that Halfords will give REME discount with proof supplied and the auto factors in Bordon gives 10% off with the flash of a MOD.

Mind this is nothing compared with the good ol' US of A .

5. To the above poster,

This is what I was wondering, because ive seen you get free entry to seaworld and everything, Ive been to America a fair few times and love seaworld, to get free entry because of an ID card would be amazing.

Its such a shame that the UK dont offer as much as the USA, But it seems more and more UK companies are getting on the bandwagon, like focus you mentioned, I also heard dominos were doing something too.

(I just diddnt know if TA were subject to the card)

Thankyou for the reply everyone :)

6. Oh FFS!!!!

DRIVEL!!!!

:x :x :x :x :x

Get a fukcing LIFE!

7. Sssssh am waiting for Reni to find this...........

8. I do hate the 'I'm TA, will I get a MOD90 like everybody else?' threads.

Not quite as bad as the 'I'm OTC, why don't I get a MOD90 like everybody else?' threads, but close.

Thought I should add:
    • The TA isn't an insight into the regulars. It has it's own purpose but isn't a part-time same thing.
    • If you haven't been attested yet, you won't get your MOD90 for ages. You get it post-Phase 2

9. If you want to join the army so you can get an ID to flash around Disney World, then about turn, and fucking jog on back out the door.

Whether you end up going full time or part-time, you need to sort your attitude out a wee bit before you sign on the dotted line.

10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Christ I wouldn't go through all the training just for a MOD 90

I've got a mate down the boozer will knock me one up for £20

Thats Sea World and Moto taken care off