MOD website moves all content to GOV.UK

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by HHH, Dec 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HHH

HHH LE

2. msr

msr LE

3. I've moved the coffee tin to the cupboard above the kettle, the soggy biscuits are now in the dog.....
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for the reminder. I haven't moved my bowels today. Better go and try.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. I'm thinking of moving the standard lamp from the corner near the fish tank to the corner near the rubber plant...the fish don't read much nowadays.....
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Go and get some Afghan scran, or if you're still in Bastion that Pizza Truck, that'll help.....................................
  7. So no more Op HERRICK page?
  8. So will mod_rss now be called gov_rss?
  9. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

Please no! It could begin to undermine the RAF's RSS feed for inanity and publishing drivel.

Can you imagine it? 'C2 Civil Servant takes a day's TOIL in accordance with her Terms of Service' or '92% of PADRs completed on time'.
  10. Quite funny that, when you scroll down the new front page to the section 'Our Senior Military Officials', ACM Sir Stu Peach, Comd JFC, appears before both CDS and VCDS (assuming we all read left to right). Perhaps funnier is that you have to press the '+others' button to reveal CGS and CAS. I wonder if they know that they are now officially 'the others'?
  11. Does this mean that the MOD are going to give some P45.s to media communicators?

That is a bad thing?
  12. Don't worry about it, they'll come up with a convincing explanation as to why all is for the best.
  13. Wouldn't mind but the first thing you see is Hammond grinning like an idiot. It looks very bland and probably as grey as every other gov website.. And as boring. At least before you could look something up and not just be presented with a load of political gibberish

Bet Stew Peach is laughing his socks off at topping CDS and the 3 Service Chiefs. Good one Boss.

14. So how do you get to see all the news stories now? All I can see (getting past the shock of Hammonds leering mug) is the few on the front page. I used to check in every couple of weeks and read what I wanted, for the official view. Then come here for the interesting and informative response from arrsers.
  15. See the new director of communications a Mr Jolly has failed to inspire confidence already