MOD to establish Defence Serious Crime Unit

my bold In your job? FFS i would have thought a commendation for saving lives, not taking them. :salut:

A lad died in the explosion that injured me. The task had been cancelled whilst we were on route. However we never had radios and weren’t aware the task was cancelled.

Somehow, somewhere in their tiny brains the RMP conjured up murder.

I wasn’t perturbed when the RMP Sgt said it (probably down to the drugs). I did tell him to get his heels together when he spoke to me, the correct way to address me was ’Sir’ and that his insubordination wouldn’t go unchecked.

I did receive an apology over it, not by any RMP, but passed on.

Quite funny in hindsight.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
SIB once interviewed me over an RTA (as they used to be known), a Canuck white fleet vehicle had hit our local hire - when we were parked up, off the carrigeway (such as it was in Kabul), the Canuck vehicle had a front tyre blow out and bounced off the side of us, no injuries but it was a 'multinational incident' or some such, SIB tried to tell me it was my fault for insisting on parking up near a junction without looking at potential collision risks..... My reply was one word - Insha'Allah - didn't go down well... neither did walking out and back to our compound where they could not enter without an 'invitation'.

Fruit machines got turned over on my RAF camp,RAF SIB came and dusted them for fingerprints,then proundly walted off to Fakenham nick where the desk sgt said my 12 year old daughter could take better prints and filed them in the bin,

hqdefault.jpg

A couple of RMP sergeants visited us at Girdwood Park in late 1977 over some inquiries regarding an alleged incident.

They interviewed my platoon Serjeant in the cookhouse. While they were talking to him, the CO and the RSM entered and on seeing the CO approach the table the two RMP’s both stood to attention and uttered good morning sir to him.

They were a little surprised as the CO walked up and in a supportive gesture slapped the still sitting down platoon Serjeant on his shoulder while he inquired about his health. The platoon Serjeant responded thanking the CO saying “I’m good thank you sir” while still sipping his tea. Various Riflemen were sat around drinking tea and eating banjos and remained sitting while the CO and the RSM were there.

The cook on duty was a regimental cook, a Green Jacket, and as the CO and the RSM after a brief interlude chatting to each other rose to their feet to go out for a tour around the New Lodge which was our principal patch, the regimental cook called out, “sir, you’re going nowhere without a hot coffee before you leave here sir“ and the CO and the RSM sat back down and drank a steaming hot cup of fresh coffee that had just been placed in front of each of them.

The CO and the RSM finished their coffee, thanked the cook and left for their patrol.

The two RMP sergeants turned to my platoon serjeant and commented that we seemed to be a very relaxed unit without any of the formality that they would expect to see in an operational unit. The Serjeant responded saying to them, “why don’t you come out on a patrol around the New lodge with me and my lads now and I’ll show you how informal we are out on the ground where it counts.”

They declined his offer.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Has anyone bothered to read the article? It is about investigating alleged war crimes committed on Ops. And not someone blagging a pair of overalls, or indeed, fiddling CEA.
SIB think nicking a Mars Bar from the EFI is a war crime if there's a chance of fitting someone up for it identifying the guilty b'stard. and getting a promotion for it.

SIB think nicking a Mars Bar from the EFI is a war crime if there's a chance of fitting someone up for it identifying the guilty b'stard. and getting a promotion for it.
early 80s, airfield in Norfolk having hard shelters build, workers canteen was being checked by RAFP over the bank holidays each one of who worked out one choccy bar won't be missed, so monday morning canteen staff met by empty boxes.
The snowdrop who told out the "kit kat club" got posted to the camp i was at, every time he came back to his bunk the door was covered in choccy bar wrappers,even if he'd only gone for a piss,

A judge-led review into how allegations of serious criminal wrongdoing are raised and investigated in the Armed Forces has been published today. The Henriques Review recognises the need for the MOD to establish a Defence Ser…

Continue reading...

Crikey, not content with the SIB, we're now going to have the Serious Special Investigation Branch?

What next, a Really Serious Special Investigation Branch?

images

#SSIB

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Is this after the UOTC Cadet nicked over £60k of kit from the RAF?
Including parts for a Tornado Aircraft and it embarrassed the top brass that the thief nicked so much?
Given the cost of aircraft parts, it wouldn't be difficult to nick £600K's worth let alone 60.

Yokel

LE

Are all Service Police like that? Even if there was no evidence that said Mars Bar had been moved, and records proved that the alleged thief was not there at the time, they would still go for a prosecution and the recording of the interview would get lost. Fortunately they are trained to remember confessions that you did not make.

If you feel the need to make a complaint then they investigate themselves.

When I was discharged from the Service, all that was wanted was helmet, GSR and Osprey. No interest in thousands of pounds of other kit (covert BA - left in a MB hanging cupboard), sword, spare and unworn ceremonial uniforms (No 1, 5, 6, 6(a), 8) and three sausage bags of unworn MTP, CS 95 PLCE, full P 58 webbing, mess tins, several unopened CBRN kits...

Latest Threads