MOD to axe 1000 jobs from HQ..........

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Wasanig, Oct 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Top Heavy? As we are to become Lithe, Flexible, and adopt LEAN working - then yes, Main Building personnel must be very top-heavy indeed.

Expecting pies to be removed from the canteen very soon.
  2. Can't get the link to work!
  3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

4. I will be happy to go on gardening leave until my tour is over. Then I will be one of the 800 to transfer out.

Happy Days.
  5. Sarastro

Sarastro LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Support the armed forces? Is this some new-fangled idea they are planning to institute? I suspect the civil service traditionalists will be most displeased!
  6. "
    Support the armed forces? Is this some new-fangled idea they are planning to institute? I suspect the civil service traditionalists will be most displeased! "

Cheap shot, and not remotely true. Can't let the truth get in the way of a good rant now though can we?

Not major news really, and its been expected for some time. Still I'm dreading a long thread full of ill informed piffle about the MOD which will be untrue and innacurate.
  7. 1000 posts to go?I don't think so. The majority will find themselves TUPE'd over to 'Industry Partners' doing the same job as the are now, except the Taxpayer will be paying BAe, Logica, ATLAS etc a lot more money for the same output. Mean while the Government will be crowing about the 'saving's' they've made! More Spin with a capital S!
  8. "Mr Brown said reducing head office staff by 25% would allow more resources to be released to the front line so the ministry could focus on strategic tasks.............These are staff who are vital to providing the back-up needed for service personnel in the frontline,"

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, stop it......please! *snigger* My sides are aching.....oh sweet jeesus.......

That is the funniest, most docile b0ll0x I've read for eons. If it's not robbing Peter to pay Paul then it certainly highlights the ridiculous wave of civil servants that got brought in by Neu Arbeit.
  9. If I remember my rarden gunnery that deserves a cry of "Target. Same Target, co-ax go on..." Not only will they play the TUPE game, we will also have to have almost as many civil serpents auditing the lot who swapped jobs.

It would be an interesting figure to add back to the civil service numbers all the posts now filled by employees of the companies named above, plus others like Landmarc, ESS and VT Defence. Doubtless the bean-counters will say that it reduces the pension liability.
  10. Aaah yes - the "head office" line creeps in again. When does CDS become chairman of the board of directors? Will CGS become the manging director?

Drip by drip by drip, they erode everything the Services hold dear.

On specific issue of job-losses -more strikes are to follow, will anyone notice this time? Military staff- stag on and cover essential duties. The unions also object to their staff being moved - despite many being officially classed and paid as mobile grades.

Please remind me again - what is the MoD for?
  11. And of course these will all be in a Tory held seat right?

How many will be the result of the "success" of JPA ?

This is hitting where it hurts - Treasury strikeback for MOD's earlier cheek no doubt.

Yet another nail in the coffin - I'll bet the Sir Humphries of this world are scheming a strike back on Swiss Des - watch for another ministerial gaffe soon. :twisted:
  12. Actually the deal for the increased budget was 25% cut in HO levels and efficiency savings. As for the CS - most will leave, the posts going aren't the sort that can be TUPED easily. I think the jobs leaving London will be from the OWOB as part of its shut down plans - they are the most easy to move.