MOD survival knife

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by bawheed, May 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone get a hold of one to sell by any chance.

Attached Files:

2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

3. ps i am a cheap skate would preferablely like to pay less than the going rate
    cheers again
  4. How much did you want to pay
  5. Around £20 to £30 but obviously the cheaper the better and would like the real deal .
  6. I have 2 of them, but knowing they go for around £40, i'm hardly going to sell for less than that!
  7. anyone got any opinions about the above said knife vrs the mod version
  8. They are different knives. The MOD knife is a chopping blade as opposed to cutting like the one shown in the link.
  9. I have the clipper stainless, and it's a very good general purpose knife but has a half-tang so not strong enough to be hammered into tree-trunks, used as a chisel etc. I only use my MOD for chopping wood, as it's quite heavy; too heavy to carry around every day; and arrives fairly blunt (suggesting that it isn't meant for fine whittling etc). I would go for the clipper first, and only get the MOD if you need some serious chopping doing.
  10. clipper stainless ? where would you find that
  11. Read the link!! available in Carbon or STAINLESS.
  12. I've used both. They are both very good knives, but as pointed out above, quite different. The MOD knife is great for chopping wood and suchlike, or even digging a hole, but would be pretty useless for skinning a rabbit.

The clipper is better for any sort of precision cutting and is easily made sharper than a sharp thing. I couldn't comment on it being used by THEM :roll: , but I gather that it is issued in the Swedish Army and to UK Forrestry Commision Rangers (for gralloching deer). The best thing about it is that it is cheap as chips. You can buy 3 or 4 for the cost of a MOD survival knife. It's also a lot lighter!