• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

MoD stunned by massive data loss

I heard this on the news this morning.

First one on Google: T'independent

My screaming, "Fuckwits!" didn't seem to find the missing computer drive, but it did jolt my memory; it wasn't so long ago that the MOD admitted to 650+ laptops having gone walkies over the last four years and to 121 memory sticks over the same period.

Sarah Teather MP (around Jul 08)

"It seems that this Government simply cannot be trusted with keeping sensitive information safe. It is frightening to think that secret MoD information can be lost or stolen.

"This shows a shocking degree of incompetence across the entire Government..."
An MoD spokesman

"Any loss of data is investigated fully.

"A recent report on data losses by Sir Edmund Burton found that MoD policies and procedures are generally fit for purpose but also identified a number of areas where MoD needs to do better in protecting personal data.

"The MoD has developed, and is now working through an Action Plan to address all of the report's Recommendations and bring the Department's handling of personal data to an acceptable state."
First one on Google: Skynews

The latest loss showed up during a priority audit by the contractor EDS. How about encrypting the data and keeping it secure as a couple of priorities?

Perhaps the 3rd thread on this so far?? Perhaps we can reach 11 before COP?

It's ok, it's not the 1st time.....and I'm certain it won't be the last!