MOD stopping parachute training for airborne forces 4 years?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by luke.s, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hey i just seen an article on the web site by the telegraph sayin tht the MOD are cuttin 1billion pounds out their pay check and solvein this problem by stoppin all parachute soldier from parachute trainin and new recruits. and will be retrainin all soilder in 2011

I just want to no is this is true ? becuase thats just takin the biscuit
    im joinin the para 100% even this is true but it just is gettin me angry.

do anyone no if this is happenin for real ?

2. if they are, they will probably try and cut another few billion by handing out drill rounds instead of live ammunition on ops.
    "Now remember to shout 'BANG' as loud as you can gentlemen"

3. Do you have a link to the article? I'm not disbelieving you (the MoD isn't exactly renowned for spending money on the things that matter) but I'd love to read into this further, as I'm going for the Parachute Regiment too.

I think (I hope) this will turn out to be a similar story to the one with the Guards and their bearskins being banned because of the bears killed to make the hats.

However, with this government it really would not surprise me if the story was true.

4. Yea its all true the Paras are going to be disbanded ,and the one about the Guards ,what their going to do to get round that one is Import cheap cat skins from Korea, because apparently they have an abundance of them . Jesus you would have thought they,d keep the Paras and get rid of the Guards ?

5. Last Updated: 11:45PM GMT 16 Dec 2006

That article was 2 years ago.

6. yea but still dosent mean tht its not true

7. Maybe, but I think we may of heard more about it by now if it was to go ahead. (outrage bus signed out etc)

8. Ok, it was posted in 2006, and quoted "Next year it will be implemented".

Correct me if I'm wrong but we are now 2 years on and I haven't seen any evidence on it :)

9. yea but think about it. i think they would like to keep it on quite so tht paras dont disapear u no .

becuase think about it u would think tht ur career officer would tell ya so thts why they might want it quite for 4years

10. Please dont think its some kind of conspiracy, if it was going to happen it would of happened by now and we would of all heard about it.

edited to add "of"

11. lets just hope its not true

12. The para's didn't jump in years, and nor will they ever need to.

Cutting expenses for something hardly ever used isn't going to make a difference.

13. That article and this thread are both a load of bollocks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.