MoD shuts down UFO Desk

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Fireplace, Jun 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 123456789

2. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Why waste money on more bollocks when we have Army 2020

3. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Fuck me, all of a sudden there's a spate of "isn't the Army/MOD/Forces shit" posters on here. Is it day release, care in the comunity, or just the full moon kicking in?

You really haven't got a single idea what this is all about, have you?

4. The truth is out there.......................................... allegedly.

5. You'll never find out now....mwah ha haha

6. Nope. It is the solstice and there is a tinfoil shortage.

Luckily I have raided Markintime's bins and collected all his pie wrappers. I'll be under the stairs wanking furiously without a wok on my head.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 3
  7. bit ironic whilst trying to make space at the MoD, they sack the very people to keep an eye on space.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Perhaps you would care to enlighten us with your take on the issue?

9. What issue - MOD closes the post you get sent to when there is nothing else for you to do, now you are just retrenched there is no need for the novel position of what was effectively Gardening Leave.

10. That's what I was thinking. Odd, though, that sudden deluge of sightings toward the end.

• Like Like x 1
  11. The desk was manned by the RAF, the civvies that made reports expected them to work Fridays. Something had to give.

• Like Like x 1
  12. When the UFO desk closed for the night some of the calls used to get routed to our office at STC......sort of department of gash jobs with 24 hour manning and ASMA. Swivel-eyed loons wasn't in it, if the truth was out there no-one I spoke to had found it, unless the answer was brasso

• Like Like x 1