MoD RSS 'Press Releases'

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Victorian_Major, Jul 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why are we suddenly getting so-called press releases from MOD RSS that are little more than the random thoughts of low-grade ministers crafted into actual sentences and paragraphs by low-grade Civil servants? Why on earth are we giving this rubbish bandwidth?

2. It happened before - a problem with the gov.uk website feed IIRC.

3. I think it's part of the sites karmic balance. CC has been FOATHP repeatedly, resulting in a lack of lacklustre, so MoD RSS is filling the vacuity vacuum with vacuousness.

4. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Please Mr Minister, I've been raising your profile by some nice press releases. Can I have a pay rise please?

Wordsmith

5. It adds to the variety of the site in my opinion and at least some of it is of interest to those of us with military experience - unlike many of the threads which seem to consist of various individuals calling each other names or desperately trying to out-deprave each other.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Because it's the one thing about which all site members can agree.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Not really, it's paid for from the advertising revenues and subscriptions generated by the 'customers' ie 'us'.

8. Can we bin it then ? The item about UAV pilots getting their wings was probably the most cringeworthy moment on here

9. If the MOD are paying to have their feed on here and hence subsidizing us, fair enough. If not, what the flying **** is it doing here?

10. HHH

HHH LE

If it annoys you just put the MoD_RSS on "ignore" or don't click on it.

11. But if RSS does too many Press releases it might stop those important threads like 'What day do I get paid this month' and 'My sockpuppet is harder than your socket puppet threads'

12. Result - they are the definition of a waste of bandwidth!

13. The RAF articles are far funnier than half of the ******* on here.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using ARRSE mobile app

14. You've not used the internet much have you? :)