MoD RSS 'Press Releases'

Why are we suddenly getting so-called press releases from MOD RSS that are little more than the random thoughts of low-grade ministers crafted into actual sentences and paragraphs by low-grade Civil servants? Why on earth are we giving this rubbish bandwidth?

It happened before - a problem with the gov.uk website feed IIRC.

I think it's part of the sites karmic balance. CC has been FOATHP repeatedly, resulting in a lack of lacklustre, so MoD RSS is filling the vacuity vacuum with vacuousness.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Why are we suddenly getting so-called press releases from MOD RSS that are little more than the random thoughts of low-grade ministers crafted into actual sentences and paragraphs by low-grade Civil servants? Why on earth are we giving this rubbish bandwidth?
Please Mr Minister, I've been raising your profile by some nice press releases. Can I have a pay rise please?

Wordsmith

It adds to the variety of the site in my opinion and at least some of it is of interest to those of us with military experience - unlike many of the threads which seem to consist of various individuals calling each other names or desperately trying to out-deprave each other.

If the MOD are paying to have their feed on here and hence subsidizing us, fair enough. If not, what the flying **** is it doing here?

If it annoys you just put the MoD_RSS on "ignore" or don't click on it.

It adds to the variety of the site in my opinion and at least some of it is of interest to those of us with military experience - unlike many of the threads which seem to consist of various individuals calling each other names or desperately trying to out-deprave each other.
But if RSS does too many Press releases it might stop those important threads like 'What day do I get paid this month' and 'My sockpuppet is harder than your socket puppet threads'

But if RSS does too many Press releases it might stop those important threads like 'What day do I get paid this month' and 'My sockpuppet is harder than your socket puppet threads'
Result - they are the definition of a waste of bandwidth!

The RAF articles are far funnier than half of the ******* on here.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using ARRSE mobile app

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
exbleep MoD News 14
S ARRSE: Site Issues 23
ugly The NAAFI Bar 10