Mod Rss feeds

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by sunoficarus, Apr 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there some way of feeding them all into one post or sub folder in a forum?

We're getting so many in the RN forum, you may as well rebrand it the Mod RSS forum!

Royal Navy

2. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Got it, how about I restrict it to one thread every 12 hours?

3. Would certainly be a good call. At the moment, all those RSS are flooding the forum and forcing all the active threads down off the front page. It often looks at a cursory glance that that forum has no non RSS posts.

4. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Can we just cut it out all together? It's an unmitigated pile of dross originating from some wanksock civil servant trying to put to put a positive spin on the RN. Lately we've had: Admiral visits ship and tells them "well done;" ship that was due to decommission and then wasn't now is; Royal Navy ship does something RN ships do every day and have done for years.

None of this is interesting, very little of it sparks debate and much of it is just PR bollox.

Please excuse the swearing but I want to find whoever's writing this pile of dog eggs and gut them with a blunt hacksaw

5. It's the kiss of death!

6. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

So you don't like them then?

7. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

No. It's the relentless positive spin on a disasterous situation. Every time I read one of them I'm reminded of Comical Ali

8. Bad CO

Just to let you know that I've now done this so we should get a lot less of it. I know many people view this as MoD spam but I do think that it occasionally kicks off a decent thread (e.g HMS Edinburgh).

9. Is it no the case that the RN forum is sparse with new threads, therefore the 1984 newspeak stuff is actually keeping the RN in the armys eye. Not a user of Rumration but do Army +RAF posts appear there.

10. Bad CO

They don't have an RAF or Army forum but they do get the RN ones!

11. I don't mind them to be honest.
    If they look particularly dull I just don't bother reading it.