MoD Questions Army Career for William.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Nutstrangler, Aug 23, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. PK

PK Old-Salt

Why did the US Intelligence do a reoprt on this? Surley they've got better things to do :?
  2. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

It didn't stop Andrew deploying to the Falklands and doing his job there, so why would it stop William? Equally the Queen served in WW2, as did numerous other Royals. Charles served when he was next in line to the throne and I'm confident had there been a crisis and the tub he was in at the time sent he would ahve done the hnourable thing and gone (assuming some courtier or other hadn't put pressure on the powers that be to have him moved elsewhere pre-deployment). The spams don't understand the first thing about serving Royalty so why take the ravings of the DIA as anything other than wild speculation that is way off the mark?

Perhaps they are just jealous because there is a willingness to serve in the Royal Family while their Commander-in-Chief sat out Vietnam in the ANG, and hardly turned up even then. :roll:
  3. Many European royals maintain a tradition of military service; I worked with one once. Even a token 5 years or so sends a positive image to the public and helps maintain a sense of tradition, important in this day and age when our supposed elected masters are beneath contempt.
  4. Kel

Kel Old-Salt

Isn't he any more then? 8O Must be all those people after his job (see next). :D Either that or it was a different type of "throne" and I've been "next in line" for one of those. :D

My applications in the post, I hear the pay & conditions are quite good. :D
  5. He should serve if he wants to. And keeping him well away from the SPAMs would lessen the danger.