MoD probes Black Watch shooting

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by easesprings, Nov 23, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :? :?

Here's hopeing that for once the MoD has the balls to stand up above the parapit and support the soldiers and not have another whitewash as per the Red Caps episode
  2. Case opened ....
    Case closed. Next...

1 BW BGp, God speed and a safe return.
  3. Hopefully it will be that simple
  4. i very much doubt it will be though. I just know that the enquiry will lay the blame on the shoulders of some young guys from fife and tayside.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing....

death by suicide bomb is not!! :evil:

agent smith
  5. From the look of the comment from MOD, it looks like the investigation is only to dot the i's and cross the t's. It's a procedural thing (similar to what's done following a police shooting - except for the suspension and withdrawal from duties)
  6. Given appropriate standing orders for the event of a speeding, potentially bomb laden vehicle hurtling towards your check point, surely this should be a wholly newsworthy matter given the larger scale events taking place out in Iraq?

Why does the press see the need to glorify the stupidity of some local who chooses to defy common sense and apply the breaks?
  7. some do-gooder will try and have them done for murder. Good on you lads.
  8. Agreed. I think most here would rather have opened fire then take the risk.
  9. Especially when there are signs telling drivers (in Arabic) that they will be shot at if they drive past said sign.
  10. I didn't read it that way, the papers i read stated openly it happened minutes after their mates got amputated and that he not only ignored a sign, warning shots (and a warrior or two) to drive straght at a roadblock.

Death by sheer stupidity. Good on the warrior's gunner.
  11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Completely failed to see the news item but first thought is that if an investigation is opened, and then correctly closed, how much better is that than the US equivalent?

Standards gentlemen.