• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

MOD Police

#2
U_K_22 said:
Anybody here an MOD Police Officer?

What's everyone's opinion on the MOD Police?
Overpaid, Overweight. If they chased a robber round a camp they would die of a heart attack within 150yds.

Well maybe it's changed. In the 1980's they were like that and it was rare to see any Mod Plods under 40yrs of age. I once saw them try to charge one of men as he had a rather gucci Para Smock that he had bought himself when he was in the cadets. They tried to frame him for knocking off kit. The chap was a christian and very honest and a lovely young keen guy. These 2 fat biffa MoD Plods nearly had him in tears. I told them to fcuk off that his word was his bond. I challenged them to charge him with theft and prove that he had indeed stolen it and from where. They soon quietened down. Maybe at different establishments they are a diffrent genre. Anyway, all they did was drink brews in their silly little MoD Plod station at the back of the guardroom. They were also rather fond of sleeping on duty, after my run I soon had all the orderley officers and guard commanders ringing them every 45 minutes all night and getting them to drive out and check various parts of the perimeter fence.

Having said that they may of modernised an awful lot now, however thats my tuppence worth. I do stand corrected if anyone else has a good story.
 
#4
I just read on there site that you have to be a serving/former member of certain police forces to join...


There loss. I'll wait the next 2 months to reapply for Kent...


PFFFTTT!!!
 
#5
58_Pattern said:
U_K_22 said:
Anybody here an MOD Police Officer?

What's everyone's opinion on the MOD Police?
Overpaid, Overweight. If they chased a robber round a camp they would die of a heart attack within 150yds.

Well maybe it's changed. In the 1980's they were like that and it was rare to see any Mod Plods under 40yrs of age. I once saw them try to charge one of men as he had a rather gucci Para Smock that he had bought himself when he was in the cadets. They tried to frame him for knocking off kit. The chap was a christian and very honest and a lovely young keen guy. These 2 fat biffa MoD Plods nearly had him in tears. I told them to fcuk off that his word was his bond. I challenged them to charge him with theft and prove that he had indeed stolen it and from where. They soon quietened down. Maybe at different establishments they are a diffrent genre. Anyway, all they did was drink brews in their silly little MoD Plod station at the back of the guardroom. They were also rather fond of sleeping on duty, after my run I soon had all the orderley officers and guard commanders ringing them every 45 minutes all night and getting them to drive out and check various parts of the perimeter fence.

Having said that they may of modernised an awful lot now, however thats my tuppence worth. I do stand corrected if anyone else has a good story.

Yeah, then you told the RSM to f*ck off, won the lottery and spent it all on your top model girlfriends, transferred to 49 Para, single handedly won back the Malvinas from the Argies, only missed out on getting picked for the Army rugby team 'cos of the shrapnel in your back and once got off with Posh Spice before she was famous but binned her.
 
#6
Stroker I don't lower myself to email war or flaming. I gave my opinion from one unit in the 1980's. I also ended the thread that I stand to be corrected. I am both surprised and mildly miffed at your vitriolic outburst of spleen juice. Anyway I take grave exception to your comments. I have never swore at a Warrant Officer and was at school during Op Corporate.
 
#7
b]Monaro wrote[/b]
I just read on there site that you have to be a serving/former member of certain police forces to join...
Where did you find that?

From MoD Police site, "Joining the MDP" page

With around 3,400 officers, and over 100 locations (including overseas deployments), our organisation and culture are so diverse we need a wide range of people to join us.

We use dogs as part of perimeter patrols, as well as for drugs and explosives searches.
The people we recruit come from all walks of life and bring with them a range of skills and abilities. However, some common eligibility criteria must be met to join the MDP:

You must be a British citizen aged 18 or over

You must have resided in the UK for the last 5 years (excluding overseas service in the armed forces)

You must be reasonably physically fit

You should be prepared to work anywhere in the UK


Beyond that, we are looking for people who are capable of making clear judgements under intense pressure, people who can handle long periods of inactivity and still remain vigilant, people who can react quickly, and just as importantly, reasonably.

Having a previous criminal conviction, or convictions, is not an automatic bar to joining the MDP; however, you must disclose all convictions when completing your application form. We will judge each case on its merits.
My bold, can't see anything about "certain forces".
 
#10
chocolate_frog said:
b]Monaro wrote[/b]
I just read on there site that you have to be a serving/former member of certain police forces to join...
Where did you find that?

From MoD Police site, "Joining the MDP" page

With around 3,400 officers, and over 100 locations (including overseas deployments), our organisation and culture are so diverse we need a wide range of people to join us.

We use dogs as part of perimeter patrols, as well as for drugs and explosives searches.
The people we recruit come from all walks of life and bring with them a range of skills and abilities. However, some common eligibility criteria must be met to join the MDP:

You must be a British citizen aged 18 or over

You must have resided in the UK for the last 5 years (excluding overseas service in the armed forces)

You must be reasonably physically fit

You should be prepared to work anywhere in the UK


Beyond that, we are looking for people who are capable of making clear judgements under intense pressure, people who can handle long periods of inactivity and still remain vigilant, people who can react quickly, and just as importantly, reasonably.

Having a previous criminal conviction, or convictions, is not an automatic bar to joining the MDP; however, you must disclose all convictions when completing your application form. We will judge each case on its merits.
My bold, can't see anything about "certain forces".



Hmmm... I was looking at this:

www.modpol.org.uk
 
#13
Monaro said:
Mad_Moriarty said:

HA! It's exactly the same process...


Community and Customer Focus
Respect for Diversity
Resilience
Effective Communication
Personal Responsibility
Team Working
Problem Solving

Great... the very thing I failed on... stupid PC rubbish :evil:
Because Modpol.org.uk copied it from the offical MOD Plod website!!!!!!!!!
 
#18
Mad_Moriarty said:
Monaro said:
Mad_Moriarty said:

HA! It's exactly the same process...


Community and Customer Focus
Respect for Diversity
Resilience
Effective Communication
Personal Responsibility
Team Working
Problem Solving

Great... the very thing I failed on... stupid PC rubbish :evil:
Because Modpol.org.uk copied it from the offical MOD Plod website!!!!!!!!!

I'm talking about the selection process... i.e. it's exactly the same as the civi police :censored:


And ta fook with CID


 
#19
If I was to consider joining the Police, I would look at the CNC (Civil Nuclear Constabulary).

As is stated on the website:

The CNC is a specialised armed force whose role is the protection of civil nuclear sites and nuclear materials. The overall purpose of the Constabulary is to deliver an effective and efficient Police Service, complying with National Security requirements, for the protection of nuclear materials on designated UK nuclear licensed sites and in transit. Our aim is to provide a secure and safe environment in which the nuclear industry can carry out its business.
 
#20
Monaro said:
chocolate_frog said:
b]Monaro wrote[/b]
I just read on there site that you have to be a serving/former member of certain police forces to join...
Where did you find that?

From MoD Police site, "Joining the MDP" page

With around 3,400 officers, and over 100 locations (including overseas deployments), our organisation and culture are so diverse we need a wide range of people to join us.

We use dogs as part of perimeter patrols, as well as for drugs and explosives searches.
The people we recruit come from all walks of life and bring with them a range of skills and abilities. However, some common eligibility criteria must be met to join the MDP:

You must be a British citizen aged 18 or over

You must have resided in the UK for the last 5 years (excluding overseas service in the armed forces)

You must be reasonably physically fit

You should be prepared to work anywhere in the UK


Beyond that, we are looking for people who are capable of making clear judgements under intense pressure, people who can handle long periods of inactivity and still remain vigilant, people who can react quickly, and just as importantly, reasonably.

Having a previous criminal conviction, or convictions, is not an automatic bar to joining the MDP; however, you must disclose all convictions when completing your application form. We will judge each case on its merits.
My bold, can't see anything about "certain forces".



Hmmm... I was looking at this:

www.modpol.org.uk
Are you a fcuking muppet?

The criteria that the website lists is for those wishing to join modpol.org.uk NOT the actual MOD Police Force........
 

Latest Threads