MOD Police in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by parity999, Mar 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Calling all Op Herrick service men/women, what's your verdict on the MOD Police Officers being deployed to Afghanistan to date? Useful or not? :?:

2. According to the report above they are doing good work with the local plod.

3. Why?

4. realy useful mate the army train all the green lessons ie patrols, survivability the MDP instructs on all police lessons ie law, arrest procedures etc, i was at the training school HPTC at the begining dec 09 then went on patrol with the Coldstreams and the Lancs and the police who went through the training school who were at the checkpoints were a credit to the soldiers and the police that trained them. MDP also mentor and advise the chief of police at the different FOB areas.

5. I've seen plenty of UK Police out training and mentoring the Afghans but no MoD Plod yet.

Sure their expertise would be appreciated - I've never seen as much illegal parking as in Kabul. MoD Plod could soon stamp that out!

6. In Helmand there is only MOD Police acting as mentors, advisers and trainers ACPO dont allow any other police force in Helmand at the moment reference parking in Kabul not MOD Police remit mate

7. Go make up your own lies, Journo