MoD Penny pinchers-Kerb KIA soldiers pension

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by commsbloke, Sep 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys please follow the link below and add your name to growing list. (if someone knows how to make the link direct please do). I supported the GG BG for 3 months last year and found every single one of them to be top blokes.

Hi Guys,

Following received from Brian Cushion. I would be grateful if you would give this worthy cause your consideration:

Rank and Pension of Soldiers Killed on Active Service | Petition of Soldiers Pensions

Hi all. PLEASE can you all sign this petition for soldiers pensions at the above link and pass it on to all of your friends and families. For those of you who don't know, Sergeant Matty Telford was killed 3rd Nov 2009 by a rogue Afghan Policeman. Now, you will all remember him from the news as Sergeant Matty Telford but the army give his children his pension at Corporal rate because he was a Sergeant for less than a year. The unfairness of this is that he was promoted so he could do this job in Afghanistan and had he not been promoted he would have been doing a different job and may have been with us today. After this petition was started it came to light that this is happening to a lot of our soldiers' families.

If a soldier was being paid as a sergeant when he was killed, then it seems to me that that should be the basis for his widow's pension.

If you agree, please sign.

(In signing the petition you will not be expressing a political opinion on any of the conflicts our servicemen are dispatched to.)
  2. Signed.

All the best with it.

3. Signed .. Good luck
  4. Done and done.
  5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Signed a few days ago. Well done.
  6. Signed the petition, thanks for bringing it to our attention.
  7. Signed and sealed...Good luck!!
  8. Done lets hope it works
  9. Signed and confirmed.
  10. Signed,and more than happy to do so.Bl++dy Beancounters!
  11. Signed - good luck!
  12. Signed. Bloody scadalous, a Treasury saving money off the backs of dead servicemen KIA.
  13. Done. Good luck with the campaign.
  14. Signed - good luck!
  15. Signed. Good luck.