• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

MOD offers £500 Bounty to recruit MATES for Inf.

Can't read the link JW - site down or something. Anyway, this is surely situation no change? The Infantry has always been in trouble - certainly in recent years. Only occasional tweaks (downsizing or whatever) have temporarily sorted things. Infantry is no longer flavour of the month - if it ever was, and we're rapidly decending into a militia type organisation. The 7th (Disaster Recovery) Brigade is not too far off now.

P.S. PTP - do you know who the Editor of the Sun is married to? Just a thought....

I suggest a return to press gangs ala Yellowbeard. "All those who wish to serve in Her Majesties' Forces say "owww" and lie on the ground" .....THUMP!

AFAIK, the recruitment bounty was £250 if you had your mate successfully complete basic training - always assuming that he'd handed in the nice little recruitment card you gave him ;).

Why has it "gone down to £500"? Unless I'm missing something, 500 notes would be a nice increase.

Ghost

I may have confused it with the previous "Satisfied Soldier"? incentive GR . For some reason, I have a figure of £1,000 in my head. (Or was it £2,000?

If I mistook the figures, apologies, but the point is , is £500.00 enough?

Many officers have also said that the unpopularity of the war in Iraq, the unexplained Deepcut barracks deaths and the decision to reduce the size of the infantry by four battalions had sent out negative messages to potential recruits...
...and perhaps more critically, their families!

Time for a rethink chaps - the gatekeepers aren't going to be swayed by a measly £500.

How about actively investing in our Armed Forces, and living up to the ideal of 'the career of first choice'?

In fact, sod this for a game of soldiers, I'm off to work for a PMC...

A similar scheme is in operation for recruits at Lympstone at the minute, though i too thought the bounty was £1000 for each recruit getting to week 16.

PartTimePongo said:
I may have confused it with the previous "Satisfied Soldier"? incentive GR . For some reason, I have a figure of £1,000 in my head. (Or was it £2,000?

If I mistook the figures, apologies, but the point is , is £500.00 enough?
PTP, I understood the report was referring to the Satisfied Soldier bounty - ie give out the recruiting card for your mate to take to the recruiting office. I thought the £1000 you were on about was the retention bonus paid to soldiers if they agreed to waive their notice for a year at the 3 year point.

Think I've got confused somewhere - I blame Darth and his distracting games :D

Ghost

Looking at DB's post, I am now even more sure it was £1,000 for completing Phase 2, and possibly a further payment on completion of the first tour?

Can those in the know , enlighten the rest of us?

Can you mix and match? e.g Rotal Marine talks mate into joining the Womans Balloning Corp or Army Nurse talks a mate in to being a pirate or a Scout master runs off to join the Circus.

PartTimePongo said:
Looking at DB's post, I am now even more sure it was £1,000 for completing Phase 2, and possibly a further payment on completion of the first tour?

Can those in the know , enlighten the rest of us?
Pretty sure it was £250 for the Scallies in the late 90s, before they stopped it.

The RBS trial aims to improve the Army’s in-year recruiting performance by raising the number of recruits (through genuinely new contacts) that go on to enter the RA and Infantry.

The new scheme: Recruit bounty scheme (RBS) is basically an updated version of the Sattisfied soldiers bounty scheme (SSBS) in which if you managed to persuade your drunken mate into joining you got £250 taxable(£175) I think. This scheme is going on a 2 month trial starting at the beginning of Dec and ending on 31 Jan 06. All cards submitted between those dates will be honoured if the Potential recruit completes PH2 trg (RA) and the Combat Inf mans course (Inf)! for over 18's and ADC Recs, and the daor DATES FOR UNDER 18'S (AFC not ADC).

Serving Claimants. The trial is limited to officers and soldiers in the RA and Infantry. Personnel involved in recruiting full-time (members of RG, recruiters and members of AYTs/RRTs) are not eligible, as bounties should not be paid for individuals who would have been recruited anyway.

So if it is a success it may well be opened to all.

Wait out.

Latest Threads