MOD offers £500 Bounty to recruit MATES for Inf.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jonwilly, Oct 30, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is news?

Or is the fact they dropped it to 500 squids news? (ooooops)

2. Can't read the link JW - site down or something. Anyway, this is surely situation no change? The Infantry has always been in trouble - certainly in recent years. Only occasional tweaks (downsizing or whatever) have temporarily sorted things. Infantry is no longer flavour of the month - if it ever was, and we're rapidly decending into a militia type organisation. The 7th (Disaster Recovery) Brigade is not too far off now.

P.S. PTP - do you know who the Editor of the Sun is married to? Just a thought....

3. Certainly do SN , hence the reason for having our brave Henno support the cause :D

4. ...ah irony! Lost on a dull witted storeman like myself. Back to the blankets I suppose......

5. I suggest a return to press gangs ala Yellowbeard. "All those who wish to serve in Her Majesties' Forces say "owww" and lie on the ground" .....THUMP!

6. AFAIK, the recruitment bounty was £250 if you had your mate successfully complete basic training - always assuming that he'd handed in the nice little recruitment card you gave him ;).

Why has it "gone down to £500"? Unless I'm missing something, 500 notes would be a nice increase.

Ghost

7. I may have confused it with the previous "Satisfied Soldier"? incentive GR . For some reason, I have a figure of £1,000 in my head. (Or was it £2,000?

If I mistook the figures, apologies, but the point is , is £500.00 enough?

8. ...and perhaps more critically, their families!

Time for a rethink chaps - the gatekeepers aren't going to be swayed by a measly £500.

How about actively investing in our Armed Forces, and living up to the ideal of 'the career of first choice'?

In fact, sod this for a game of soldiers, I'm off to work for a PMC...

9. I don't have any mates :cry:

10. A similar scheme is in operation for recruits at Lympstone at the minute, though i too thought the bounty was £1000 for each recruit getting to week 16.

11. PTP, I understood the report was referring to the Satisfied Soldier bounty - ie give out the recruiting card for your mate to take to the recruiting office. I thought the £1000 you were on about was the retention bonus paid to soldiers if they agreed to waive their notice for a year at the 3 year point.

Think I've got confused somewhere - I blame Darth and his distracting games :D

Ghost

12. Looking at DB's post, I am now even more sure it was £1,000 for completing Phase 2, and possibly a further payment on completion of the first tour?

Can those in the know , enlighten the rest of us?

13. Can you mix and match? e.g Rotal Marine talks mate into joining the Womans Balloning Corp or Army Nurse talks a mate in to being a pirate or a Scout master runs off to join the Circus.

14. Pretty sure it was £250 for the Scallies in the late 90s, before they stopped it.