MoD News RSS feed gone mental

It’s posting all sorts of non military related rubbish (fortifying flour with folic acid).

Has it had a bodily takeover from all the other government RSS feeds?

and now we are spamming ourselves over the MoD RSS feed spamming us.

As bad as wading through the Chinese crap

As bad as wading through the Chinese crap
actual faeces? how do you tell the race it came from?

why would you do this?

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Someone fed the RSS bot too much sugar.

Has someone just accessed his MODNet account and panicked?

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Had it on ignore for years.

Bit like RedSquare, Baglock, CaptainRidiculous, etc

W P

LE
I wonder why anyone would have thought that this would be a good idea. If people wanted to read every dept's bumf, they'd bloody well subscribe to every dept's feed. I suppose they'll knock it off soon when enough people unsubscribe/complain because of all the stuff pertaining to other depts.

I've just put it on ignore - along with all the other ARRSE mongs who leach the enjoyment out of a decent discussion and, it has to be admitted, sometimes out of life itself...

It’s posting all sorts of non military related rubbish (fortifying flour with folic acid).

I'm banned from current affairs forums which the MOD feed is part of.

Just make some inappropriate comments in that part of the site and you wont have to worry about seeing the MOD feed again.

I'm banned from current affairs forums which the MOD feed is part of.

Just make some inappropriate comments in that part of the site and you wont have to worry about seeing the MOD feed again.
Hash brown Free Stacker1.

I've also got the news feed on ignore. Big words hurt my head.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

The individual Departmental Websites got subsumed into GOV.UK about 5 years ago.

I doubt that the person now responsible for MOD.RSS ( I would guess either C2 or potentially an SIO from the Govt Communications Network GCN ) actually works in MoD...or has any personal mil background.

Defence has long since ceased to be one of the large important Departments of State. Which is in my view a huge mistake, but hey...that's the tedious reality.

Introduction | Government Communication Plan 2019

Meet the spinmeisters:
1560948844984.png

The individual Departmental Websites got subsumed into GOV.UK about 5 years ago.

I doubt that the person now responsible for MOD.RSS ( I would guess either C2 or potentially an SIO from the Govt Communications Network GCN ) actually works in MoD...or has any personal mil background.

Defence has long since ceased to be one of the large important Departments of State. Which is in my view a huge mistake, but hey...that's the tedious reality.

Introduction | Government Communication Plan 2019

Meet the spinmeisters:
View attachment 399595
Have they just plighted their troth?

Which one's the top?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
< you might say that....I couldn't possibly comment..>

[Pic]
John Manzoni, Chief Executive of the Civil Service and Permanent Secretary (Cabinet Office) oversees GCS as one of the core Civil Service functions. Sir Mark Sedwill, National Security Advisor, Cabinet Secretary and Head of the Civil Service established the Fusion Doctrine which guides our National Security Communications.

Mark Sedwill is ex FCO, formerly Our Man in Kabul under Brown.Only Cabinet Secretary to have never served in the Treasury.
Source

Sedwill married in 1999 and has one daughter. He is a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society, Fellow of the Institute of Directors[2] and President of the Special Forces Club.[18]

Given that he was emphatically Theresa May's right hand man, I doubt he will be double-hatted as both Cabinet Sec and National Security Adviser much longer...

The quiet rise of “securocrat” Mark Sedwill, the new head of the civil service

This one has at least the virtue of being a story about the Armed Forces.

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/uk-troops-teach-women-to-protect-themselves-against-sexual-violence-in-conflict.293402/

But you have to be aware that ' Empowering women through Aid' is one of the sub strands of the Security and Defence Comms Strategy.

Personally, I d rather see something on the hard, difficult potentially dangerous work of the Royal Engineers in Sudan than this touchy feely bullsh1t but hey....whatever.

Last edited:

Latest Threads