Mod news raf commandos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zarathustra

Royal Marine commandos I think, you can just make out the Royal and the ines is obscured by the plant in the foreground.

Royal Marine commandos I think, you can just make out the Royal and the ines is obscured by the plant in the foreground.
I think I see what you mean. I guess someone from the RAF Regt could be attached to 3 Cdo Bde. I wonder if there is an RAF Commando shoulder title. Pretty rare beast if there is I expect.

sounds like an interesting Trg area anyhow.
RC

Bit like these? Can't see any mention of RAF there....
No mention of Navy or Army either.... yet

quite traditional I think... i had a Medic teaching on my RMA course with thse wheel arches (2001ish).

These are releatively new... sported by 29 Cdo, 131 and probably a fair few other Army blokes in 3 Cdo.

Given that the Army have recently adopted 'Army Commando' wheel arches, if there are any RAF lads who have passed the AACC and are in 3Cdo, maybe they too have addopted such badges.

Although, as someone mentioned Rocks being in 3Cdo above, I'd imagine the Rocks to have 'RAF Regiment Commando' on theirs...

No mention of Navy or Army either.... yet

quite traditional I think... i had a Medic teaching on my RMA course with thse wheel arches (2001ish).

These are releatively new... sported by 29 Cdo, 131 and probably a fair few other Army blokes in 3 Cdo.
Given that the Army have recently adopted 'Army Commando' wheel arches, if there are any RAF lads who have passed the AACC and are in 3Cdo, maybe they too have addopted such badges.

Although, as someone mentioned them above, I'd imagine the Rocks to have 'RAF Regiment Commando' on theirs...
Fair comment, if they have someone will have a picture, should clear up things if they post them....

Played enemy for an AACC at Sennybridge a few years ago. An RAF officer (I dont think he was regt) was on the course doing building clearance assaulting up the stairs he decided it was a good time to do a mag change. The DS went completely of it! One of the funniest things I have ever witnessed.

There's Army Commandos so why not RAF Commandos, after all it's not hard.

Played enemy for an AACC at Sennybridge a few years ago. An RAF officer (I dont think he was regt) was on the course doing building clearance assaulting up the stairs he decided it was a good time to do a mag change. The DS went completely of it! One of the funniest things I have ever witnessed.
Tornado pilots/ navigators etc used to do AACC back in the day, as much use as tits on a fish to 3 Cdo Brigade as a trained rank but those were more relaxed times and people used to go badge collecting to fill in their days.

Status
Not open for further replies.