MoD Name Deceased 1 R Anglian Soldier - Capt Martin Driver

I don't do RIPs on principle, but having read the link and heard a little of the man, a lot of people have lost someone truely wonderful, RIP, it's dusty where I am at the moment...

billy.winky said:
Unclear here. Was it Captain Martin or his driver? :?
Even on a normal thread that is a sh1t attempt. show some respect ffs.

RIP

Capt. Martin Driver was following a well trodden path by soldiers of 4PARA (and indeed many other TA regiments) by serving his country while at university, at a time when too many of his student contemporaries would have been engaged in a nihilist lifestyle.

It is a testament to his time at 4PARA that his family refer to him as their "Airborne Viking".

I offer my condolences to his family, friends and brothers in arms. The Vikings have lost a fine soldier; even by their high standards. Neither they nor 4PARA will forget him, and his loss will strengthen their resolve in times to come.

RIP.

Dread
(ex 4PARA)

Dread said:
Capt. Martin Driver was following a well trodden path by soldiers of 4PARA (and indeed many other TA regiments) by serving his country while at university, at a time when too many of his student contemporaries would have been engaged in a nihilist lifestyle.

It is a testament to his time at 4PARA that his family refer to him as their "Airborne Viking".

I offer my condolences to his family, friends and brothers in arms. The Vikings have lost a fine soldier; even by their high standards. Neither they nor 4PARA will forget him, and his loss will strengthen their resolve in times to come.

RIP.

Dread

(ex 4PARA)

So true !!!.

RIP