MoD money well spent?

Not MODs money, it is our money

snip from article...

L/Cpl Momonakaya told the newspaper: ‘The racism left me wanting to kill myself. I was going to buy a rope.

He could have gone to the CQMS for the rope. I smell fibs.

While serving with the 2nd Battalion, Duke of Lancaster’s Regiment in 2011, he and five fellow Fijian soldiers were cast as Taliban fighters for an MoD training video because they were black

Are the other five due a payout as well?

Abused?! Oh, like this you mean?

Or how about:

Same movie, made in 1965, and the attitudes and mores it portrays were sadly all too common only 22 odd years earlier. Edited to add, the British author Ray Rigby who wrote The Hill, the movie, two excerpts of which are shown here, spent two terms in Detention Barracks during the Second World War, and so knew whereof he spoke.

Last edited:
The problem is more that the MOD is reluctant to fight these things in court as regardless of the outcome they end up costing a lot more. Win/win for the offended soldier.

Maybe I should claim. An RSM shouted at me once for walking on the grass outside his office? Or maybe I should be offended by that?

As it happens, I just ignored him, put my hands in my smock and carried on to lunch.

The problem is more that the MOD is reluctant to fight these things in court as regardless of the outcome they end up costing a lot more. Win/win for the offended soldier.
... and encouragement for others to chance their hand.

The amount of times I was called a jock b@stard or cnut......I reckon I'm quids in. I shall report forthwith to the doc with requisite twitch and offendedness.

The amount of times I was called a jock b@stard or cnut......I reckon I'm quids in. I shall report forthwith to the doc with requisite twitch and offendedness.
And you are from Cardiff