MOD losing the plot?

Perhaps the link is too long. Edit; you are posting the url of the search page; you will have to host the image or find it in a linkable form somewhere.

One assumed he refers to this

A computer graphic simulation of a Future Protected Vehicle called Cammo. Gadgets and gizmos that could provide a front-line force for troops of the future helped to launch the MOD’s new Defence Technology Plan. The Defence Technology Plan is the first time the MOD has unveiled its long-term research needs. It underlines the importance of science and technology in providing cutting-edge kit for the battlefield.

A computer graphic simulation of a Future Protected Vehicle. Gadgets and gizmos that could provide a front-line force for troops of the future helped to launch the MOD’s new Defence Technology Plan. The Defence Technology Plan is the first time the MOD has unveiled its long-term research needs. It underlines the importance of science and technology in providing cutting-edge kit for the battlefield.

When did they ever have it to loose

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Not as mad as you might think though is it?

The ideas being presented ARE the future of conventional warfare - autonymous or semi-autonymous robotic gun carriages with a form of active camouflage to control or subdue an area.

Is this any harder to get one's head around than 'stealth' shapes for aircraft or UAV's?

You are seeing a realistic appraisal of where battlefield technology is going.

What makes me laugh is I was inventing all of these technological advances with lego or drawing them as a kid, as probably was everyone else. We could have had this years ago if the boffins had been more forward thinking.

Just cant wait for the "Jericho" device seen in Iron man to appear. That'll change the face of CAS, Im sure Terry won't want to play much then.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
If we'd asked about the mental health of those at the MOD thirty years ago for developing new technologies, what would we have made of:

Quantum Cryptography
Unmanned flying missile-launching drones
Satellite navigation systems
Laser Target Designation
Stealth Fighters
Nano-tech
Battlefield Lasers
Liquid Body Armour
Spray on wound coatings
TI/II Combination Sights

......... the list goes on ........

Makes these vehicles seem fairly tame doesn't it?

Battlemech you say? I'm assuming you haven't seen the articles on exo-skeletons or neural bionics then. :D

Screw_The_Nut said:
Biped said:
Nano-tech
Battlefield Lasers
Liquid Body Armour
8O

not in this man's army...
In 20 years, everymans army (plus lot's of other whizz bang shit), or they don't get to play the game any more....The UK actually has been doing a lot of work in robotics, nano technology, DEW, UAS ect, you just don't hear about it too much.

Other than the LCD cammo that is actually a very sensible vehicle, low groundpressure from the 8x8 but with variable ground clearance and articulation, V hull and open wheels for underbody explosiions and slab sides for EFPs.

I'd roll in it, and it's a dams sight better than the FRES LAVs proposed

ffs they could'nt even manage to make a radio that was smaller and lighter than clansman.
an achievement given that clansman actually has individual transistors and we've invented the slicon chip that can have thousands on one chip :roll:

just wander around aimlessly to you bump into :twisted:

never had the fun of trying to find a 4 tonner in the dark :twisted:

"building"

"construction complete"

i remember command and conquer !

looks a bit too far fetched! with our history of defence procurement i think that would be a bit of a step too far...