MOD losing the plot?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Screw_The_Nut, Mar 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure, but that link doesn't work either!
  2. Perhaps the link is too long. Edit; you are posting the url of the search page; you will have to host the image or find it in a linkable form somewhere.
  3. One assumed he refers to this

4. When did they ever have it to loose
  5. Oh ffs, here;
  6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Not as mad as you might think though is it?

The ideas being presented ARE the future of conventional warfare - autonymous or semi-autonymous robotic gun carriages with a form of active camouflage to control or subdue an area.

Is this any harder to get one's head around than 'stealth' shapes for aircraft or UAV's?

You are seeing a realistic appraisal of where battlefield technology is going.
  7. What makes me laugh is I was inventing all of these technological advances with lego or drawing them as a kid, as probably was everyone else. We could have had this years ago if the boffins had been more forward thinking.

Just cant wait for the "Jericho" device seen in Iron man to appear. That'll change the face of CAS, Im sure Terry won't want to play much then.
  8. I wouldnt mind a go in a mammoth tank though...
  9. Right that's it then. I eagerly await the invention of the battlemech and the recreation of the Black Watch as a result. :D
  10. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

If we'd asked about the mental health of those at the MOD thirty years ago for developing new technologies, what would we have made of:

Quantum Cryptography
    Unmanned flying missile-launching drones
    Satellite navigation systems
    Laser Target Designation
    Stealth Fighters
    Battlefield Lasers
    Liquid Body Armour
    Spray on wound coatings
    TI/II Combination Sights

......... the list goes on ........

Makes these vehicles seem fairly tame doesn't it?

Battlemech you say? I'm assuming you haven't seen the articles on exo-skeletons or neural bionics then. :D
  11. How can you lose what you never had?
  12. 8O

not in this man's army...
  13. In 20 years, everymans army (plus lot's of other whizz bang shit), or they don't get to play the game any more....The UK actually has been doing a lot of work in robotics, nano technology, DEW, UAS ect, you just don't hear about it too much.