MOD loses the odd item

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by wedge_cadman, Mar 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

The MOD release details of items classed as "missing" including a plane fuselage and a ships anchor.

They only have to look on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using the ARRSE application. No excuse for fat fingers. Learn to spell.
  2. Talk about a brass neck, a labour MP from Liverpool complaining about stuff being nicked...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I'd better get that buckshee track-clamp out of my locker.

By the way, how on earth do you 'steal' an aeroplane fuselage (unless that's a BBC joke about Nimrod)?
  4. wedge_cadman

I also imagine a ships anchor isn't light. The scrappy may have noticed when they had to pay by the tonne.

Sent from my iPhone using the ARRSE application. No excuse for fat fingers. Learn to spell.
  5. Maybe the outraged MP (if she has time to spare after claiming all her allowances and expenses) has a look about her constituency.
  6. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Whilst I share her outrage at the loss of taxpayers assets I fizzled her attempt to make a party political point absurd. Stuff go nicked under her lot for z13 years and they did the square of fcuk all all about it and what's more the gave the impression that they ares not a damn. At least this lot give the impression that they do actually want to get to grips with.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE so please excuse fat fingers and slips of the keyboard.
  7. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Ship's anchors range from Full Admiralty Patten which lots and are a little too big to fit in a bergen to small ones for boats that can.

Suspect in the majority of cases these items have gone missing, lost as one unit transfers to another and it is easier to play the "its was stolen by the Kings Rgt" line than writing it off and the paper involved there.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. wedge_cadman

"Guns, a bridge and Army ration packs also went missing."

"The most valuable single item to be stolen was a helicopter rotor tuner worth £50,000, which was taken in November."

I take it they mean weapons not artillery pieces. They can't mean you Guns as you're here. But a bridge FFS. They don't just disappear.

9. Obvious really.Pikeys.
  10. You always see random engineer brigdes alles uber die platz. I always wonder why they have been ditched on random training areas. The DROPS jobbies as well, what ever those flat things are called they drop. They can not be cheap. I was on training area recently and 5 of them were stacked on top of each other. All over grown with weeds. **** all wrong with them.
  11. On a slightly different note, the British forces are not the only ones to "misplace" equipment. The German armed forces have managed to go diffy on 40,000 small arms since they started in 1955. And that figure is several years old.

I still wonder how the f**k do do lose a bridge? Some thief out there has obviously got big balls if he (and his mates) manage to nick some of those larger items.

I think I know where some of the rat packs went, but the evidence has long since disappeared down the porcelain throne.
  12. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

A lot of stuff is 'lost' on Ops. When, for example, a large number of PBs and FOBs are handed over to our allies (or just abandoned) a lot of stuff remains. It may be transferred 'properly' but usually it is given to the people (who may be very grateful for, as an example, a little generator) and then written off by us. This occurs because 'Gifting' is a complete no-no under our rules.
  13. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Sod the fuselage, bridge and anchor. I want to find the ****** who keeps nicking my pens.
  14. HHH

HHH LE

There are some sick people out there imagine stealing ration packs!!
  15. We lost a whole Land Rover in Germany a few years back. It was from an very large ammo depot with a perimeter fence 13 miles in length. The CO asked the local AAC flt at Brüggen to do an aerial search in case it had been left in the depot area somewhere.

It hadn't dawned on the hierachy that as we were only a year away from closing, it was possible that some savvy German civvie had just driven it off camp and away . . . :)