MoD laptop stolen from McDonalds

Linky

BBC website reporting that a MoD laptop, carried by an Army Capt, was stolen from McDonalds on 1 Apr 08. Not sure what surprises me most: the laptop getting stolen or an officer eating in McDonalds!

m2mSolutions said:
Not sure what surprises me most: the laptop getting stolen or an officer eating in McDonalds!
What surprised me was 'The MoD said the data on the laptop was not sensitive, and was fully encrypted.' They must really be making an effort as a few months ago this would probably have had secret plans/access codes/des browne's phone number and been unprotected.

m2mSolutions said:
Linky

BBC website reporting that a MoD laptop, carried by an Army Capt, was stolen from McDonalds on 1 Apr 08. Not sure what surprises me most: the laptop getting stolen or an officer eating in McDonalds!

RLC?

m2mSolutions said:
Linky

What was an Army Captain doing at the Royal Air Force 90th Anniversary Dinner Night?

Fifth_Columnist said:
m2mSolutions said:
Linky

What was an Army Captain doing at the Royal Air Force 90th Anniversary Dinner Night?
Waiter?

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
m2mSolutions said:
Linky

RLC?
Piss off: the RLC eat at burgerking motorway outlets because we get 20% off.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
m2mSolutions said:
Linky

RLC?
Fucking cheeky cunt.

We use Burger King!

Hmm April the First you say????????

Fifth_Columnist said:
Community Service?

blobmeister said:
ALL military computer hardware was sent in to have full encryption programmes place onto them after the other loses.
Oh no they weren't - everyone was simply instructed not to take a non encrypted laptop out of camp.

GrumpyGit said:
blobmeister said:
ALL military computer hardware was sent in to have full encryption programmes place onto them after the other loses.
Oh no they weren't - everyone was simply instructed not to take a non encrypted laptop out of camp.
Unless the risk has been signed off.

I bought a second hand one in a London pub on the 2nd April, I wondered why it smelt of chips?

More tax wasted on the usless prat that lost it! I hope HE has been billed?

Fifth_Columnist said:
m2mSolutions said:
Linky

Could have been a GLO - but why bring a lap top to a dinner, and why pop into Macca D's - was the food that bad or did they expect him to PAYD?