Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOD Guard Service jobs?

Countryboy

Swinger
Anyone got any knowledge of the MGS Civilian Security Officer 5 (CSO5) position - shift hours, typical duties, kit used etc?

I’ve seen the official PR stuff, but any other knowledge would be useful.

Thanks.

Why? Where are you planning to carry out your Mission Impossible level break in?

Anyone got any knowledge of the MGS Civilian Security Officer 5 (CSO5) position - shift hours, typical duties, kit used etc?

I’ve seen the official PR stuff, but any other knowledge would be useful.

Thanks.

1611011731381.png

1611011805841.png

Stagging on for a living - bugger that! You only live once, get a job that you enjoy.

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
Whitehall!
MoD Police in Whitehall rather than MoD Guard Service mate.

Anyway, the MGS work two days on, two nights on then four days off rolling programme. Twelve hour shifts, overtime Sats and Suns etc. Two 90 minute breaks each shift. Usually do static guard, foot patrols, driving patrols and reception desk duties.

Good luck...

If you're ex Forces, and you're looking at MGS, (and I dont believe I'm about to say this but) consider the MPGS. More choice of locations, better pay, quarter, medical and dental, ELC / SLC. You dont get any of that in the MGS.
However whatever job you go into, prepare for mind numbing boredom with a raft of little hitlers in positions above you.

Countryboy

Swinger

Anyway, the MGS work two days on, two nights on then four days off rolling programme. Twelve hour shifts, overtime Sats and Suns etc. Two 90 minute breaks each shift. Usually do static guard, foot patrols, driving patrols and reception desk duties.

Good luck...
Thanks for the info.
If you're ex Forces, and you're looking at MGS, (and I dont believe I'm about to say this but) consider the MPGS. More choice of locations, better pay, quarter, medical and dental, ELC / SLC. You dont get any of that in the MGS.
However whatever job you go into, prepare for mind numbing boredom with a raft of little hitlers in positions above you.
Thanks, but unfortunately not ex forces and have few skills/quals. Yes looking for a public services job, so will bear that in mind.

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer

Definitely. My friend has a home base and can get overtime on other bases within 100 miles or so and that's about the only thing to look forward to. They are not invited to eat in the Mess either but do have a microwave in their crew-room - wow!

PS: made a mistake earlier, MGS now do Main Building...

Morale allegedly rock bottom or is that at the MPGS?
I'd say both. MPGS while it still has a few new sites opening, you can now serve until you are 60, so that has basically just killed any promotion in an already dead mans shoes situation. Lads joining up now, unless they are lucky or willing to move (which kinda kills the whole idea behind the MPGS in the first place) are looking at being Privates for most of their career depending on age.

I'd say both. MPGS while it still has a few new sites opening, you can now serve until you are 60, so that has basically just killed any promotion in an already dead mans shoes situation. Lads joining up now, unless they are lucky or willing to move (which kinda kills the whole idea behind the MPGS in the first place) are looking at being Privates for most of their career depending on age.
Just become a Freemason...promoting every 12-18 months

Good luck...
IIRC Serco (yes, same company that does track & trace) do some Whitehall areas too. (cabinet office springs to mind).

@Countryboy MGS do plenty of other locations depending on where you live & commute.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Latest Threads