MOD F 90 not acceptable.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by lsquared, Aug 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lincolnshire Licensing Authority have stated that they are more than content to accept, as proof of age, when proferred in support of the purchase of alcohol.

It is alleged that no major supermarket in Lincoln will accept the MOD F 90. Why? This is because Lincolnshire police refuse to sanction it's acceptance as proof of age.

Another example of a reason why the politicised police in this sad country are losing respect and support.

My guess is that somewhere 'up the chain' in this force is an officer who maybe, just maybe, failed RCB or failed to achieve the promotion he or she thought was justified whilst serving in the Armed Forces. Shame!
  2. This has been done before. Not a form of valid identification as required by the Home Office.
  3. its an employers ID card, that's all, nothing more, same as local factory, get over it!
  4. "its an employers ID card, that's all, nothing more, same as local factory, get over it! "
    Yep thet has your height eye colour age signature, every theatre you have deployed to, oh and also seeing it is just a factoty card, you can be bollo*ked for not having it on you :roll:
  5. my bold....what? i better go and sign for a new one then, about A4 size will be needed?

i think you'll find many employers require employees to have their ID on them when at work, indeed many require them to be on display...

it is just an employers ID card. Get over it and stop being so precious. I suppose at least we control ours better and don't trust our part-time work force to look after their own!!!
  6. It does?

Well, if you are in the factory, then yes!

Edited to add - Beaten to it!
  7. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I'm TA and look after mine on a daily basis, along with the rest of my unit. :roll:
  8. If it's issued by the MOD doesn't that make it a government issued ID card......... seems bizarre another part of the government then refuse to accept it as a proof of age.
  9. do you not have your card swiped at mccp's? :roll:
  10. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

This issue has been done to death on here. It is NOT a recognised form of ID. It gets you onto camp. It occasionally gets you a tenner off in some places. That's it. Grow up and get on with it.

Millions of civvies seem fine using official forms of ID (driving licence, etc) why can't you lot? Stop bleating.
  11. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

It's the database on the computer that holds all that info you maniac, the info on the magnetic strip just confirms your service number. The info is not updateable.
  12. The refusal by the police to accept it, still stinks. They would expect their warrant cards to be sufficient for ID purposes to anyone.
  13. Legal proof of age is a card that is from an official government agency that has the persons Date of Birth on it.
    (Provisional/Full Driving Licence, Passport, Immigration Card)

Other forms of proof of age commonly accepted are any forms of official identification from a college or university, work ID, MoD 90. You also get other forms of proof of age card like Citizens Card, Young Scot ect that can be used as to obtain these you must present your birth certificate when applying. However, these are NOT official forms of identification.
  14. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I don't know why I even bother reading these threads anymore, I haven't been ID'd since I started going bald at the age of 12.
  15. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Why does it stink? Get over yourself.

As for their warrant cards, the situation is exactly the same. It confirms their status as a police officer, nothing more. I have no doubt their are several threads on police forums dripping on about the very same matter.