MoD denies deal over withdrawal from Basra

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by armchair_jihad, Aug 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in full,,2159732,00.html
  2. Hmm, hope it's carrot and stick and not just carrot. And they keep plenty as hostages for good behaviour till near the leave date.
  3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Meanwhile, in other news:

4. Are they lulling them in to false sense of security, get them all in one place then bomb the crap out of the town and get them all in one go ???
  5. :? In six months time :x
  6. With the lack of equipment, it will take that long to arrange an aircraft to be available
  7. The cynic in me spotted this and wondered if it was a case of "reverse propaganda" or "divide and Conquer"

And not the gruniad directly.

8. I can now reveal the plan though first you must promise not to tell the Iraqis or the Iranians.

First we withdraw to the airport, then a fighting withdrawal to Kuwait. As everyone chases us to the border a second (cunningly hidden) British force pops up and shuts the gates to Basra on the bad guys.

We then drop a big net on the naughty people from hot air baloons (we don't have any spare helicopters). And make them promise to be good in future.

City retaken, home for tea and medals.

Easy peasy.

9. Shortly we can expect Sven to appear on ARRSE to defend HMG's Iraq policy, or to accuse the media of inventing the entire story, or both.

PS. eveyuk: not only have you just breached the spirit of DGMC's new gagging order, you may well have breached the official secrets act and given away current operational plans and ongoing difficulties which could aid our enemies. Shame on you!
  10. I am ex TA and living in a land far far away.

I feel safe.
  11. "MOD denies deal over withdrawal from Basra"

So we can now confirm it's definitely true then?