• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

MoD begins anti-harassment drive

BBC Report

It seems that another drive to criminalize any actions made by anyone wearing a uniform is on the way from the MoD.

It seems that women in the army can use foul language and sexual innuendo but the men can't. I mean nobody is going to bother reporting a woman for swearing are they? That's equality for you.

She said the body would be working with the MoD over the coming months "as they improve working conditions for service personnel".
Is she going to stop it raining then? or change the sand into grass? or issues kit that works........

Or is she just going to reduce the number of women in the Armed Forces?

8O

And what protection will we have against malicious complaints I wonder? Seems to me that the EO indistry ignores the real issues of abuse of rank and other bullying by concentrating on women and minorities.
Latest CAS says that 63% of soldiers are dissatisfied with how their complaint was handled. They cant all be women and ethnic minorities. Guess the rest of us just don't count.

Not the best time to announce something like this. Even being totally PC has a time and place.

Start a protest campaign.

Free the lumpy jumper two.

Can we have equality in fitness tests then please? Lumpy Jumpers having to do the same tests as men? If the army states that a minimum standard of fitness is required for a certain job, then that should apply equally across the sexes surely? They wanna be soldiers, they do soldiers tests.

Some 99% of the 9,384 servicewomen surveyed had witnessed "sexualised behaviour" in the past year.

And one in seven women said they had suffered a "particularly upsetting" experience, including sexual assault.
So did the equal opportunities commission fail to interview any men! Not very equal.

Also how equal is it to have a Black History Month or an Ethnic Minority Steering Group. Defence Intranet but probably won't work on Civvy Machines.

My concern is not that we want to make the army inclusive but that people spend an inordinate amount of time concerning themselves about niff naff and trivia.

Equal opportunities and PC are a massive self perpetuating industry. If common sense were applied half of this rubbish would not occur!

Warrior_Poet said:
Can we have equality in fitness tests then please? Lumpy Jumpers having to do the same tests as men? If the army states that a minimum standard of fitness is required for a certain job, then that should apply equally across the sexes surely? They wanna be soldiers, they do soldiers tests.
I have been saying this for years and was told I was not being serious. Really? Then what is equality?

The tests we have at the moment are "Gender Fair", NOT equal. Until such time as the tests and expectations of Men and Women, as Soldiers, are equal will there ever be EO in the Armed Forces.

Warrior_Poet wrote "And what protection will we have against malicious complaints I wonder?" I would have to say None, as soon as a complaint has been made the seed of doubt is there. We must remember guilty till proven innocent in forces.

If a complaint is made and is found to be malicious, the complainant should receive the same punishment as the innocently accused, this in itself would prevent Bunny Boilers whom you knock back of doing a bit of Hell hath no Fury on you!

Warrior_Poet said:
If a complaint is made and is found to be malicious, the complainant should receive the same punishment as the innocently accused, this in itself would prevent Bunny Boilers whom you knock back of doing a bit of Hell hath no Fury on you!

Can't we just offer them a shag if they promise not to tell?

Quotes from the press release, showing exactly who is being targetted here. Don't for one minute believe that they are doing anything apart from playing lip service to pressure groups and internal Government offices who believe that the Armed Forces are a hotbed of racist, sexist homophobes. The Fire Brigage and the Police have both gone through this routine, and come out damaged on the other side. If only someone had the balls to stand up and tell these people to eff off and let us get on with doing a job.

During Phase One of the Agreement, which concluded on 31 Jan 06, the Services conducted detailed research into sexual harassment, surveying all Service women....

Almost all the Service women who responded to the survey had experienced sexualised behaviours – jokes and stories, language and material – in the previous 12 months....

"The research revealed that jokes, stories, language and material offensive to women were widespread across all three armed services."

Does this mean we cant put posters up anymore then??? :? oh and the seat has to be put down in the male ablutions too just incase any lass walks in?. Dont get me wrong i do not mind women in the forces and have worked with plenty but i reckon there are too many water walkers messing where they shouldnt be legislation is ruining this army.

Latest Threads