MOD Announce Additional Gurkha Inf Bn

Who gives a **** if they write in or not, plenty of people write in telling senior officers that their CoC is stealing from them and they just get chin off.
A example being most Corps forcing their soldiers to buy belts if that enough literally 1000s of soldiers for you?
If you want to sign off because of you’ve been ‘strongly’ advised to buy one that’s your business, it isn’t on my list of being treated badly as I know everybody buys them top down. If you were to say NEM or FAM you might be onto something but again these aren’t examples of how badly we aren’t treated, just the result of the treasury driving long term costs down.

If you want to sign off because of you’ve been ‘strongly’ advised to buy one that’s your business, it isn’t on my list of being treated badly as I know everybody buys them top down. If you were to say NEM or FAM you might be onto something but again these aren’t examples of how badly we aren’t treated, just the result of the treasury driving long term costs down.
People are signing off in case you have not noticed. Good use of "strongly advised" as opposed to "threatened" that makes it so much better.
The army treats it's soldiers like cnuts and says if you don't like it sign off. Then when they all do they look to recruiting poor foreigners rather than sorting out their management/leadership issues.

People are signing off in case you have not noticed. Good use of "strongly advised" as opposed to "threatened" that makes it so much better.
The army treats it's soldiers like cnuts and says if you don't like it sign off. Then when they all do they look to recruiting poor foreigners rather than sorting out their management/leadership issues.
You are a bitter man, almost over eh?

Who gives a **** if they write in or not, plenty of people write in telling senior officers that their CoC is stealing from them and they just get chin off.
A example being most Corps forcing their soldiers to buy belts if that enough literally 1000s of soldiers for you?
That's a perfect example of institutionalized bullying. It was going on when I was a NIG 30+ years ago, probably 30 years before that, and still to this day.

At the end of the day, a gaily coloured belt is a vanity item. I'm proud of my service in my Corps, and had no problem buying my belt. But I can certainly see the argument for "you want me to wear it, then issue it". Of course there's an option to not buy one, and be the only idiot stood there in a green belt while everyone else is in stable belt. "Well if you don't want to buy one, that's fine. But you'll be right at the top of my duties list until you do".

Tp SSgt to SSM > "Sir, Bloggs is bucking against buying a stable belt". "I'm not fuckíng interested, Billy. Get a fcuking grip of your troop or I'll get the OC to find someone who can. Bloggs is to be in stable belt on my parade on Monday. Got it?"

And they wonder why there's a recruiting crisis.

That's a perfect example of institutionalized bullying. It was going on when I was a NIG 30+ years ago, probably 30 years before that, and still to this day.

At the end of the day, a gaily coloured belt is a vanity item. I'm proud of my service in my Corps, and had no problem buying my belt. But I can certainly see the argument for "you want me to wear it, then issue it". Of course there's an option to not buy one, and be the only idiot stood there in a green belt while everyone else is in stable belt. "Well if you don't want to buy one, that's fine. But you'll be right at the top of my duties list until you do".

Tp SSgt to SSM > "Sir, Bloggs is bucking against buying a stable belt". "I'm not fuckíng interested, Billy. Get a fcuking grip of your troop or I'll get the OC to find someone who can. Bloggs is to be in stable belt on my parade on Monday. Got it?"

And they wonder why there's a recruiting crisis.
I'm pretty sure that we're issuing (one time) after completion of class 3. I don't have a problem with it, and it reduces the massive loss made by our Corps Museum by a few quid. Anyway, I can't see stable belts being part of anyones recruiting issues.

I'm pretty sure that we're issuing (one time) after completion of class 3. I don't have a problem with it, and it reduces the massive loss made by our Corps Museum by a few quid. Anyway, I can't see stable belts being part of anyones recruiting issues.
You're signal aren't you? Your Corps was one of the biggest wingers to the soldier mag, eventually your corps colonel wrote that he was looking at paying for them out of corps subs. So far from "issueing" them (alluding to them being free) the lads once again are forced to pay into your shitty little fund under threats.
Still no matter eh, if you pretend stealing from your soldiers isn't an issue you can keep ignoring it.

Ouch. Maybe, just maybe, you call everyone a cuntstain that has experience beyond a field unit....or not?
I been to plenty of units thanks, most of them have bell ends who steal from their soldiers but dismiss it as nothing special.

I been to plenty of units thanks, most of them have bell ends who steal from their soldiers but dismiss it as nothing special.
I've been to plenty of units, probably the same amount as you, but not many of them have been field units. In my experience SNCOs are not stealing money from junior soldiers in any way. Stable belts is not a big issue. In my experience, those that moan about buying one aren't team players anyway. Twistys, now theres a different story.

Is there a flaw in the Gurkha SIB plan?

Languages?
Reminds me of one of the white officers gobbing off how the Gurkhas are the world's best jungle fighters. When I asked him who taught them he went quiet. I suspect this means it might not be an inherent, genetic skill but may be able to be taught to other units who don't hail from exclusively from the 'jungles' of Nepal as opposed to a Bn of mercs being based in Brunei.

Like the Guards/AN Other unit based in London doing lots of drill. They're really good at it.

Why are stable belts not an issue, publicly funded item?

MOD funds different hats, trousers, kilts, lanyards, etc etc. Why not belts? It's not like they're expensive in relation to the cost of a hat or a kilt.

I’m pretty sure we aren’t. I’ve never known anyone to be issued a buckshee Signals stable belt, including colleagues who transferred from other capbadges.

While I agree they aren’t part of an overarching recruiting issue, it is f*cking annoying to have to spend the best part of £30 on a belt I’m expected to wear.

The RLC have just issued everyone new stable belts with the leather side buckles, why can’t signals manage it?

I've been to plenty of units, probably the same amount as you, but not many of them have been field units. In my experience SNCOs are not stealing money from junior soldiers in any way. Stable belts is not a big issue. In my experience, those that moan about buying one aren't team players anyway. Twistys, now theres a different story.
"Not a big issue" translates into "I know the lads are getting robbed but if I say ots not a big issue I can ignore it".
Pay something or you are not a team player? Do you write that on the lads Sjars if they try to stop you stealing from them?

I’m pretty sure we aren’t. I’ve never known anyone to be issued a buckshee Signals stable belt, including colleagues who transferred from other capbadges.

While I agree they aren’t part of an overarching recruiting issue, it is f*cking annoying to have to spend the best part of £30 on a belt I’m expected to wear.

The RLC have just issued everyone new stable belts with the leather side buckles, why can’t signals manage it?
The RLC used to force their soldiers to buu the old one, the new "free" ones are paid for by the soldiers.out of the corps subs that they are forced to pay. More theft just a different way of doing it.

Why are stable belts not an issue, publicly funded item?

MOD funds different hats, trousers, kilts, lanyards, etc etc. Why not belts? It's not like they're expensive in relation to the cost of a hat or a kilt.
Or rank slides? TRFs (which are sometimes issued) or regt/sqn t shirts etc. But you can steal from your soldiers by threatening to mark them down as non team players on their SJAR.

Or rank slides? TRFs (which are sometimes issued) or regt/sqn t shirts etc. But you can steal from your soldiers by threatening to mark them down as non team players on their SJAR.
Don’t forget tour T-shirts, subsidised skiing expeds, museums etc etc. It’s a travesty we should all leave!!! I wonder who I can sell me stable belt to?

And when did you pass through Blandford?

Don’t forget tour T-shirts, subsidised skiing expeds, museums etc etc. It’s a travesty we should all leave!!! I wonder who I can sell me stable belt to?
People are leaving aren't they? But hey when their CoC justifies theft, you don't have to wonder why.

Latest Threads