mod 5 51bde today

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by barbarasson, Feb 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. my unit admin has been a little lax, and the only info i have for the mod 5 weekend is an arrival time, has anyone else got any details?

2. msr

msr LE

Then get a grip of them. That's what being an officer as about.

msr

3. subalterns do not grip adjutants. I believe that is a one army concept.

4. msr

msr LE

You should, just not in the same manner ;)

msr

5. I just have to say that has given me my allocated chuckle for the day.

6. msr

msr LE

Anyway you've left it a bit late to ask...

7. Kit? Take wetproofs and a smock in case there is an outdoors element - you should be wearing CS95 anyway.

Evening wear? You would be mental to go anywhere without a suit and a clean shirt on a hanger.

Sports Kit? Presumably you would be going for a run in the morning if there was no phys programmed anyway.

Money? I'm sure you will be delighted to know there is a cash bar in the Lion Centre.

There is no field element as such but you can never go wrong with a daysac - you need something to carry your notebooks, pens, pencils, mobile phones and the extra assorted p1sh you youngsters can't survive without anyway.

Be sure and introduce yourself to Blair_Witch who will be there. And watch out for a brief visit from this C/S - witch will point me out I'm sure.

Anything else troubling you - pm me for my phone number and I will give you any assistance I can.

Edit to add - also watch out for 2 Full Cols TA who a little bird tells me will be coming to visit ;)

8. Being old school you will only be taking a GS blanket for smoke signalling, yes?

Ah, when life was simpler...