Mockney spiv or what _ Jamie Oliver

So he is not doing so well, one of his many companies goes into administration, owning money to HMRC / suppliers and staff wages

Then immediately buys back one of the restaurants - obviously minus the debts

How many school dinners would that have bought

Bloody mockney do gooding hypocrite
Presumably because they were franchises and had nothing to do with him other than having his name over the door?

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
Got too big for his boots.
He ought to have taken a leaf from Mr H. Fearnley-Whittingstall's book.
Quality, not quantity.
Calendar | River Cottage
Employs locals.
Uses local produce as much as possible.
Cooks food you actually want to eat.
Recipes that you can follow.
Hugh Fearneley-Doublebarrel, good egg, nice chap with manners. He came through work a few years ago on his way to US for one of his programmes ( the fishing one I dthink ) and had a fishing rod with him which he couldn't take through and onto the aircraft. Me and a colleague got it sorted for him and when we had to take some details my mate said " You look just like that chef on the telly........here you are Mr Ramsey, all sorted for you."
He took it in good humour despite shouting at my mate "I AM NOT GORDON BLOODY RAMSEY"

Last edited:
His restaurants are a bit like Rick Stien's eateries in Padstow, Cornwall - you are paying Big Bucks for the brand name, posh grub served up on platters and not much of that. Friends of mine went to a Rick Stein's gaff in Padstow, and for 4 covers, they paid an arm and a leg. They were not that impressed, The food was well prepared but there wasn't much of it, a bit 'Arty Farty' layout' and the brand name was what you paid for. Jamie Olivers Gafs are probably the same. You get better grub, and plenty of it in a Greasy Spoon Cafe, and its much cheaper.

ugly

LE
Rick Stein, £18 for cod and chips take away.

His restaurants are a bit like Rick Stien's eateries in Padstow, Cornwall - you are paying Big Bucks for the brand name, posh grub served up on platters and not much of that. Friends of mine went to a Rick Stein's gaff in Padstow, and for 4 covers, they paid an arm and a leg. They were not that impressed, The food was well prepared but there wasn't much of it, a bit 'Arty Farty' layout' and the brand name was what you paid for. Jamie Olivers Gafs are probably the same. You get better grub, and plenty of it in a Greasy Spoon Cafe, and its much cheaper.

Fish & chips in Padstow, try Chip Ahoy

ugly

LE

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I met Oliver a few years ago when he had just opened up 15 in Hoxton and was hosting an auction for some kids charity at Bloomberg in London. The evening went well, the thieving scrotes and numerous other toerags who were working at 15 at the time did the catering (very nice scoff btw) and a couple of hundred thousand quid was made at the auction. My job was to ensure that Oliver and his band of merry itinerants didn't go anywhere that they weren't supposed to as well as running security for the whole night. For being so "nice" to him, I managed to get a hand written letter to have a free meal at the restaurant as his guest, went a couple of weeks later, thoroughly enjoyed the food and kicked the arrse out of the wine and cocktail list too.

I'm gonna stick me neck out a bit here...... but....... down our way, the Jamie's Italian resteraunt was really good. Never a bad meal, and plenty of grub. It was simples food really though. But it was all fresh made with good ingredients. They were also the only place around that served a proper cocktail (ooo ain't we posh). We were quite sad when it closed down before Xmas. But, we are moving around different places to find another favourite place.
I'd ask the Oliver chap to pay for this endorsement, but he's skint ain't ee.

Went there a few years ago with a girlfriend. Never again. When the lovely NZ waitress asked why we hadn't eaten our food we said it was way too spicy. She was ever so apologetic and gave us free cheese. But we still had to pay for 2 different dishes that were untouched apart from a couple of mouthfuls.

On the other hand, had a lovely family meal in the Cambridge one, food was excellent but the staff were a bit snotty. Maybe because we were speaking French.

Have had lots of family meals at his old man's pub. Bit pricey but nice place for a special occasion (such as my Mum's 80th birthday).
We must have been lucky by all accounts, maybe they took pity on us poor old pensioners , or maybe they took one look at Doris and thought better than pit themselves against my pet Dundonian rottweiler

you can't really put Keith Floyd and Jamie Oliver on the same thread

anyone who is an amateur chef like myself has used both as inspiration , ... Jamie has guided me through some of the best Christmas dinners I have ever produced , Keith on the other hand taught me two very important things
1 if a wine isn't good enough to drink it's not good enough to cook with
2 keep sampling the wine as you cook eventually you wont give a flying F**k what it tastes like , which surprisingly has turned out to be excellent every time I have done it that way

I met Oliver a few years ago when he had just opened up 15 in Hoxton and was hosting an auction for some kids charity at Bloomberg in London. The evening went well, the thieving scrotes and numerous other toerags who were working at 15 at the time did the catering (very nice scoff btw) and a couple of hundred thousand quid was made at the auction. My job was to ensure that Oliver and his band of merry itinerants didn't go anywhere that they weren't supposed to as well as running security for the whole night. For being so "nice" to him, I managed to get a hand written letter to have a free meal at the restaurant as his guest, went a couple of weeks later, thoroughly enjoyed the food and kicked the arrse out of the wine and cocktail list too.
L

I thought you were joking.
What a twat he is.

A snip from Wiki

They have five children: Charlene Honey Rosie (b. March 2002), Daisy Boo Pamela (b. April 2003), Petal Blossom Rainbow (b. April 2009), Buddy Bear Maurice (b. September 2010) and River Rocket Blue Dallas (b. August 2016
With names like that, I wouldn't be surprised that Buddy Bear Maurice is in fact one of his daughters.

Trust me...you get to hear worse in Falkirk superstores from the chavs.
"Anne-Marie-Saffron-Snowdrop fukkin-McGluggage!
Get yer fukkin erse ower here NOOOO 'afore Ah get whoever yer fukkin faither wuz!:mad:
I simply cannot connect superstore and Falkirk!