Mockney spiv or what _ Jamie Oliver

To much reproduction with his wife and not enough business knowledge & management.
Trading on a name works sometimes, but then you overeach, get greedy and it all goes bust!!
And it is that staff & pensions that suffer, Mr Oliver will go on to make more ££ off other peoples work!
Once described by one of his long term business associates as (i) being able to assess something as a good idea in 20 seconds and (ii) having attention span of a gnat.

Add to that the need to run around doing the mockney geezer routine and turning tricks for TV and meejia and you have the classic recipe for Overstretched Celebrity Chef Business Empire Crumble.

My partner has most of his recipe books - and I do like most of what emerges from the kitchen. However, I have been to Jamies' restaurants on several occasions and found them horribly overpriced and portions are unbelievably small - and with pretty terrible service. To be fair, on two occasions when we complained (No 1, and Jamies in Canary Wharf) we got offers of a free meal for us +1 guest, with wine thrown in.

His campaign for real food - which I am sure was also calculated to boost his credentials - did highlight the absolute rubbish served for 'school dinners' (ie lunches) in the state-funded sector. It certainly caused a lot of parents to consider what their little darlings were consuming; though not a problem for us, as our kids have been privately educated - so we knew about the stodge and lard that they would be subjected to.
Not a problem for you?...Kids in Care, yeah? ...... feck all wrong with what they are served in skool , nor was there for all the years before anyone paid any attention whatsoever to the quality/content of skool food. Issue is that the fat little fecks wont run about anymore and lazy fecking parents wont take the kids to the park - or give them a good beasting hike .. ..or even let the little shits walk to skool

Never been to any of Oliver's eateries so can't comment on those but in terms of his business/es hitting the wall of compacted shit, the only losers are going to be his minimum wage employees who lose their jobs and are owed wages, never mind redundancy pay.

The annoying little fucker should pay those before making morally abhorrent deals with the administrators of his business failures.

I do hope Jamies Italian in Edinburgh doesn't close in the very near future, me and Doris got a voucher for a meal at Xmas from her big Sis that's got to be used by the end of March... we've been there a couple of times before , never a complaint, the wine is a bit expensive but the food was pretty decent
don't let the fact you don't like him put you off Afternoon (lunch) menu continues until 6
best to visit for lunch about 3.45 restaurant fairly empty , better service from the staff

His campaign for real food - which I am sure was also calculated to boost his credentials - did highlight the absolute rubbish served for 'school dinners' (ie lunches) in the state-funded sector. It certainly caused a lot of parents to consider what their little darlings were consuming; though not a problem for us, as our kids have been privately educated - so we knew about the stodge and lard that they would be subjected to.
Having worked in a state school as a meal time supervisor I can assure you that the main difference before and after his campaign was that the kids threw away most of the healthy food that was served.

They still racketed around like gangbusters at play time but were a might tired in the afternoon due to little food actually eaten.

As a grown up I was all in favour of roasted vegetables and salad etc.

ugly

LE
Wot you said !
I am currently building my shrimping net in accordance with River Cottage Handbook No5, "Edible Seashore" to enhance my daily walks along the beach.
Forrest Gump walt.
My partner has most of his recipe books - and I do like most of what emerges from the kitchen. However, I have been to Jamies' restaurants on several occasions and found them horribly overpriced and portions are unbelievably small - and with pretty terrible service. To be fair, on two occasions when we complained (No 1, and Jamies in Canary Wharf) we got offers of a free meal for us +1 guest, with wine thrown in.

I got spat at during School lunchtimes, so I learnt to eat on the fly. I still have issues eating in front of people

Once described by one of his long term business associates as (i) being able to assess something as a good idea in 20 seconds and (ii) having attention span of a gnat.

Add to that the need to run around doing the mockney geezer routine and turning tricks for TV and meejia and you have the classic recipe for Overstretched Celebrity Chef Business Empire Crumble.
ADHD?

No doubt Brexit will be blamed the tosser
I believe that has already been tried by the slimy fat tongued useless no mark t*sser.

Disembowellement with a blunt spoon would be too good for the odious little fat f*ck.

A mate has a nanny ( I know I know!), who went to school with the present mrs Oliver.
I believe the phrase used was “rat faced gold digger” to describe her at school.
I’m sure they must be very happy together.!

His early TV shows, before the River Cottage saga, when he was traveling around in an old Landrover and cooking what he fished or found, were brilliant.
Bound to be on the interweb somewhere.
A friend of mine, for her very recent 50th birthday, was gifted a Cheese making course down at River Cottage.
She praised it highly as practical, highly detailed, occasionally humorous, always interesting. And she made 2 types of cheese and had a glorious lunch.

And to get back on topic, he should be charged with child cruelty for those stupid, pretentious names.
The twat.