MOBO Awards...

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by beer, Sep 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ...Can we have the Music of White Origin Awards please, or is that none PC? Perhaps a few rounds of "Kum By Ya My Lord" and similar etc :)

I'm sure this has been done before, and I realise the massive influence of "black music", but I for one, am all for equality - and if that includes awards for some really shi tty whiteboy music, then so be it!

2. Piss off.

3. Q awards, pretty much as close as..

4. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I was told that the 'hymn' Kum Ba Ya was actually an indigineous, I think maybe 'Polynesian', song...Actually...LOL...classic its an African Folk song...

[align=center]Kum Ba Ya[/align]

5. What Dale said. Most music awards had (and is) for mostly 'white' music which is why the MOBO was created. And yes, there has been white people who have won awards at the MOBO zzzzzzzz :yawnstretch:

6. damn...ok, I give in

7. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I bet you the first time somebody stretched an animal skin on a hollow log it was in Africa. Any takers?

8. Do you, by any chance, have the entire Richard Clayderman back catalogue?

9. And so you should, you racist twat.

(I apologise for starting a sentence with "and")

Bernie, you are correct, I swear by Q. Wanna buy the last 10 years of mags, they are hardly sticky.

10. how about the mono awards for music of nazi origin after all the german music scene was very liveley between 1933 and 1945 all in the interests of equality of course

11. Now that, makes me laugh.

Even though you support Everton.

12. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I bet you this is a WAHHH! After all Kum Ba Ya hardly sounds Gaelic does it?

13. Ooh Kum By Ar. My brother does a great rendition of that.

He is not a fucking racist though.

I think someone might have gripped my shite.

14. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Dale I think the OP was suggesting it was a traditional 'white' song, when its actually MOBO, maybe I read it wrong...

15. Beer, fancy meeting me sometime?

Houston, check PMs.