MOBO Awards...

#1
...Can we have the Music of White Origin Awards please, or is that none PC? Perhaps a few rounds of "Kum By Ya My Lord" and similar etc :)

I'm sure this has been done before, and I realise the massive influence of "black music", but I for one, am all for equality - and if that includes awards for some really shi tty whiteboy music, then so be it!
 
#2
beer said:
...Can we have the Music of White Origin Awards please, or is that none PC? Perhaps a few rounds of "Kum By Ya My Lord" and similar etc :)

I'm sure this has been done before, and I realise the massive influence of "black music", but I for one, am all for equality - and if that includes awards for some really shi tty whiteboy music, then so be it!
Piss off.
 

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
#4
I was told that the 'hymn' Kum Ba Ya was actually an indigineous, I think maybe 'Polynesian', song...Actually...LOL...classic its an African Folk song...

[align=center]Kum Ba Ya[/align]
 
#5
Dale the snail said:
beer said:
...Can we have the Music of White Origin Awards please, or is that none PC? Perhaps a few rounds of "Kum By Ya My Lord" and similar etc :)

I'm sure this has been done before, and I realise the massive influence of "black music", but I for one, am all for equality - and if that includes awards for some really shi tty whiteboy music, then so be it!
Piss off.
What Dale said. Most music awards had (and is) for mostly 'white' music which is why the MOBO was created. And yes, there has been white people who have won awards at the MOBO zzzzzzzz :yawnstretch:
 

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
#7
I bet you the first time somebody stretched an animal skin on a hollow log it was in Africa. Any takers?
 
#8
beer said:
...Can we have the Music of White Origin Awards please, or is that none PC? Perhaps a few rounds of "Kum By Ya My Lord" and similar etc :)

I'm sure this has been done before, and I realise the massive influence of "black music", but I for one, am all for equality - and if that includes awards for some really shi tty whiteboy music, then so be it!
Do you, by any chance, have the entire Richard Clayderman back catalogue?
 
#9
beer said:
damn...ok, I give in
And so you should, you racist twat.

(I apologise for starting a sentence with "and")

Bernie, you are correct, I swear by Q. Wanna buy the last 10 years of mags, they are hardly sticky.
 
#11
gwar_drill_pig_stab said:
how about the mono awards for music of nazi origin after all the german music scene was very liveley between 1933 and 1945 all in the interests of equality of course
Now that, makes me laugh.

Even though you support Everton.
 
#13
Nehustan said:
I bet you this is a WAHHH! After all Kum Ba Ya hardly sounds Gaelic does it?
Ooh Kum By Ar. My brother does a great rendition of that.

He is not a fucking racist though.

I think someone might have gripped my shite.
 

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
#14
Dale the snail said:
Nehustan said:
I bet you this is a WAHHH! After all Kum Ba Ya hardly sounds Gaelic does it?
Ooh Kum By Ar. My brother does a great rendition of that.

He is not a fuckiing racist though.

I think someone might have gripped my shite.
Dale I think the OP was suggesting it was a traditional 'white' song, when its actually MOBO, maybe I read it wrong...
 
#15
Beer, fancy meeting me sometime?

Houston, check PMs.
 

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
#16
Beer, you do know that Dale is a 6'3" West Indian???

(edit: checking PMs now...)
 
#17
Back of the net!!!!
 
#18
love to dail - however, I am noooo racist, but am clearly unaware of my music and it's origins - you are very quick to leap to conclusions :oops:
 
#19
Brown, white, blue, yellow, green, christian, moslem, friendlys, hostiles or f3kkin trees as soon as you start to catagorise people I think you start down the path of "us and them" and the objectification of people makes killing them easier. The MOBOS seem, to me, to be a knocked over pint followed by a hard stare. I don't like it but I think it's another US import we ought to let slide. MOWO would just be incitement to racial violence anyway.
Chill :)
 

Latest Threads

Top